Upgrade to i7-7700k but no display

Moe_6_

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
Hey everyone
I sold my 6700 cpu and replace it with i7 7700k. The computer turn on but there is no display and the keyboard and mouse doesn't turn on too.

I don't have the old cpu to put it back again and update the BIOS if thats relate to the problem.

I don't think I bend the pins in mp or something.

Do you think I have to buy an old cpu and put it in and update the bios then put the new 7700k in?!!

I really don't know what to do! I paid a lot for the new cpu!

My pc specs:
Asus z170 A
Gtx 1060
EVGA 650 W
16 GB RAM

Solution
Hello... that could work too B D

Did you ever update the [strike]BIo's[/strike] BIOS on the MB?... sometimes they put stickers on MB Box for retailers and stocking?... ASUS can also tell you what [strike]BIO's[/strike] BIOS that MB serial # was shipped with too B /

You could save $$ and get by with Celeron G or Low cost used i3 to do it too... B /
Hello... Well... says here you need [strike]BIO's[/strike] BIOS version 3007 https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_CPU/

Can you boot to your BIO's and check the number/version installed on your MB?

1) If the number is good then you need to a do battery removal and CMOS clear to re-gather information for your New hardware. remove your GPU and connect to your MB video outputs for the next boot... if all good... then change your MB GPU setting for ext PCIe... (save&exit)... power down... and re-connect your GPU and monitor cable for the next boot.

Hello... it seems you need a [strike]Bio's[/strike] BIOS [strike]upgrade[/strike] update if the CPU install went fine... CPU Power cable and Fan connector in proper place?

a Local shop could help you if you Don't want to purchase a CPU. Try calling one or two? B /

Also Asus can do it for you too with one way shipping costs? OR offer another procedure for you... give them a call too B /

Hello... that could work too B D

Did you ever update the [strike]BIo's[/strike] BIOS on the MB?... sometimes they put stickers on MB Box for retailers and stocking?... ASUS can also tell you what [strike]BIO's[/strike] BIOS that MB serial # was shipped with too B /

You could save $$ and get by with Celeron G or Low cost used i3 to do it too... B /

Solution