Question Upgrade to M.2

Sep 14, 2019
I upgraded from a Samsung 850 SSD to a M.2 970 Evo Plus and after completing migration Windows tries to reboot but just goes into the circle of death and keeps going. Would it be easier to just do a clean install of Windows on the M.2 instead of migrating?

Sep 14, 2019
Thanks, since the drive is recognized and does complete the migration I feel that has something to do with the bios or a driver when trying to boot Windows.
Might be easier and faster to do clean install (with original SSD and other drives disconnected). You could also check BIOS settings like CSM/UEFI because M.2 NVMe drives need to be installed in UEFI mode, also IDE/AHCI setting, depending how windows were installed initially.

Sep 14, 2019
What system/MB ? Some MBs disconnect some SATA ports when an M.2 is used, try moving SATA SSD to some other port.
I am using an ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (WiFi). I think there is some sort of conflict having my original OS drive connected via SATA while trying to boot from the M.2. I am just going to disconnect all other drives and do a fresh install on the M.2..

Sep 14, 2019
Found my problem, the drive cloned properly but in the Bios with CSM disabled it using Windows Boot manager and doesn't boot properly. I had to enable CSM and select UEFI driver for the PCIe option. Works like a charm now. Thanks to everyone for the guidance and help in solving this.