Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
Hello everybody,
I have a PC not even 2 years old
CPU: INTEL 11700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4
VGA: MSI Gaming X Trio 3060 TI 8GB
PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold Fully Modular

So the question is could this PSU handle the MSI Gaming X Trio 4070 12GB card? I was thinking of this upgrade and I see a lot of prebuilt pc-s with 4070 and 750W unit.
Can I use the 12VHPWR cable with this unit? Its not old so I dont feel like change the PSU but it would be nice if it works and nothing explodes or smg you know...

Of course maybe those PC-s are coming with never PSU-s, I am also aware of the RMx Shift series from Corsair, just as I say, if it is not really necessary I would just spend money on the VGA and not else.

Thanks a lot, all of you!

Hello everybody,
I have a PC not even 2 years old
CPU: INTEL 11700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4
VGA: MSI Gaming X Trio 3060 TI 8GB
PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold Fully Modular

So the question is could this PSU handle the MSI Gaming X Trio 4070 12GB card? I was thinking of this upgrade and I see a lot of prebuilt pc-s with 4070 and 750W unit.
Can I use the 12VHPWR cable with this unit? Its not old so I dont feel like change the PSU but it would be nice if it works and nothing explodes or smg you know...

Of course maybe those PC-s are coming with never PSU-s, I am also aware of the RMx Shift series from Corsair, just as I say, if it is not really necessary I would just spend money on the VGA and not else.

Thanks a lot, all of you!
It says here it requires a 650W PSU:

Yes, the Corsair RM750x is a high-quality power supply unit that should work well with your system, and it should provide ample power for most builds. The 12+4 pin PCIe Gen 5 12VHPWR cable should also be compatible.

You can grab this cable as well, assuming it is compatible with your PSU:

Reactions: Nightspirit

Nightspirit

Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
Yes, the Corsair RM750x is a high-quality power supply unit that should work well with your system, and it should provide ample power for most builds. The 12+4 pin PCIe Gen 5 12VHPWR cable should also be compatible.

You can grab this cable as well, assuming it is compatible with your PSU:

Thank you, well i also found the list and i know about this cable. It should be fine then, I was just worried about the wattage.
But anyways what if I choose a card with just a normal 8pin? Smg like these:
1. ASUS DUAL RTX 4070
2. GALAX RTX 4070 EX Gamer
3. GIGABYTE RTX 4070 WINDFORCE OC

Maybe this would be also good right? and then i wont need the new cable too! what do you think?

Thank you, well i also found the list and i know about this cable. It should be fine then, I was just worried about the wattage.
But anyways what if I choose a card with just a normal 8pin? Smg like these:
1. ASUS DUAL RTX 4070
2. GALAX RTX 4070 EX Gamer
3. GIGABYTE RTX 4070 WINDFORCE OC

Maybe this would be also good right? and then i wont need the new cable too! what do you think?

Yeah, why not ! Getting an 8-PIN GPU would be a wise decision. No more 16-pin hassles or worries.

That's much much better in my opinion. All the RTX 4070 cards are going to perform almost the same, so no point in getting a GPU which sports a single 12-PIN cable/connector. It might have some extra headroom for overclocking, but that doesn't matter since these cards are already insanely fast and efficient compared to previous gen lineups.

Your current PSU will also easily support the GPU. No need to buy the 16-pin cable.