upgrade to ryzen 3600

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
hello guys i just want ur opinion on this should i upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 from 2600 or should i buy two 8gb ram 3200mhz cuz i have 16gb single channle 2400mhz ram right now so ????

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
What is the full pc spec? What is the pc used for? If gaming what resolution and Hz is the monitor?
if you have a money only to sell the ryzen 5 2600 and buy 3600 would you do it or sell the 2400mhz 16gb single channle ram and buy duel channle ram 3200mhz and keep the ryzen 5 2600
my pc used for mostly gaming and 144hz and Rx580 8gb gpu i don't have the money to upgrade to a new gpu at all so what would you do in the above

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Personally I would get the ram until I could afford all the rest of the parts

D

Deleted member 14196

You'll notice a difference by upgrading to a fast, dual-channel RAM kit. Just changing to a faster CPU isn't a smart move in your situation.
This post sums up my response. You are not going to want to be without your machine for a very long and the ram will give you a nice boost and performance. And a later date when you can afford to upgrade the CPU and GPU and motherboard then that will be great for later

Reactions: Caesar-_-
just tell me if you have a money only to sell the ryzen 5 2600 and buy 3600 would you do it or sell the 2400mhz 16gb single channle ram and buy duel channle ram 3200mhz and keep the ryzen 5 2600
my pc used for mostly gaming and 144hz and Rx580 8gb gpu i don't have the money to upgrade to a new gpu at all so what would you do in the above
The extra information is important to this decision so saying 'just tell me' is quite rude and ignorant.

With an RX 580 and assuming 1080p 144Hz (you didn't state resolution) then going to a 3600 is going to give minimal gain, the 580 just isn't strong enough to utilise the extra cpu performance. Slow single channel RAM is going to suffer stuttering in some games and handicap any Ryzen system. If upgrading the gpu is not being considered then I'd upgrade the RAM to fast dual channel. While this will help fps the biggest improvement to the gaming experience will be eliminating stutter.

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
The extra information is important to this decision so saying 'just tell me' is quite rude and ignorant.

With an RX 580 and assuming 1080p 144Hz (you didn't state resolution) then going to a 3600 is going to give minimal gain, the 580 just isn't strong enough to utilise the extra cpu performance. Slow single channel RAM is going to suffer stuttering in some games and handicap any Ryzen system. If upgrading the gpu is not being considered then I'd upgrade the RAM to fast dual channel. While this will help fps the biggest improvement to the gaming experience will be eliminating stutter.
i am sorry for saying [just tell me] but am quite new to this and yeah am targeting 1080p 144hz and i have no problem with my gpu at all it can handle 144hz on compatitive gaming just fine on low and thats what i want but in some games it drops to 113fps to 120 and i don't know about you guys but when dropping from +144 to -120 fps on 144hz monitor i feel a quite different experince and that happens on rainbow six siege and i play this game compattivly and i don't like this at all and i watch vids about my card and its quite fine in siege going above 144 fine so is this my cpu problem or if i upgrade my ram to duel channle faster one will this go away or..... what do you suggest

Sry for my bad ENG

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
hello guys i just want ur opinion on this should i upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 from 2600 or should i buy two 8gb ram 3200mhz cuz i have 16gb single channle 2400mhz ram right now so ????

Definitely get the RAM. Ryzen likes fast RAM, and that low-speed single-channel is really holding the 2600 back, and it would also hold back a 3600.

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
Definitely get the RAM. Ryzen likes fast RAM, and that low-speed single-channel is really holding the 2600 back, and it would also hold back a 3600.
is my ram is the thing that makes my cpu in games never reach 3.9 like it designd or somthing else it always stays at 3.8 at maximum and if temps go above 65C it throttles to 3.775

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
is my ram is the thing that makes my cpu in games never reach 3.9 like it designd or somthing else it always stays at 3.8 at maximum and if temps go above 65C it throttles to 3.775

No - the CPU will ramp up as it needs, and throttle back when it needs to - I don't really know much about tuning that, though, as I haven't owned a Ryzen yet or investigated the logic of when it increases/decreases speeds.

RAM is just memory - and having dual channel and faster RAM means the CPU can access the information more quickly, but the RAM itself does not affect the CPU's clock speed at all.

TRENDING THREADS