Upgrade to Ryzen Question

FabioXN7

Respectable
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to upgrade my current specs, I've always been using Intel CPUs for a while now since Pentium 4 now I'm really interested in Ryzen from AMD specially the 1600 and 1700 instead of a new Intel I7 7700K, the reason is very simple - Upgrading with Ryzen seems to be cheaper here in my Country and the comparisons I've been watching on youtube between an I7 7700 and Ryzen 1600 are minimal in FPS like -10 or -20 fps for Ryzen or something like that.. I don't really care about running the game at 140 fps, if it stays around 100 or even 120 I'm good with it as long as I don't get bottlenecked in any ways or get any stuttering in gaming.

I currently have a MSI GTX 1080, will it be a good choice for 1080p gaming, I can't really play in 4K now cause I need to replace my Monitor but as for now should I buy the 1600 or 1700 for gaming? Will it give me stable fps in most games?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Ryzen will give you stable FPS I would not worry about that. the 1600 seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. If you plan on any game streaming or doing other taskes while you game an argument can be made for the 1700. As for the the gtx 1080 for 1080p gaming. As long as you know how to use the horse power, like manually setting your filtering and AA to 16x by 8x when your frame rate allows, then I see no reason it won't be great for your needs.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Ryzen will give you stable FPS I would not worry about that. the 1600 seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. If you plan on any game streaming or doing other taskes while you game an argument can be made for the 1700. As for the the gtx 1080 for 1080p gaming. As long as you know how to use the horse power, like manually setting your filtering and AA to 16x by 8x when your frame rate allows, then I see no reason it won't be great for your needs.

Solution