Upgrade to Sennheiser hd6xx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Slick

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Hey guys,

Just noticed that the hd6xx is now selling again on massdrop for two more days for $200 and was wondering whether it was worth upgrading from my sennheiser game zero. I would mostly use it for games, partially for music and videos. I bought the game zero about 8 months ago however I find them not that great for music as they have a lack of low bass while also sounding muddy. I do not currently own a DAC or amp however I plan to purchase decent ones if needed. I am open for suggestions in both the headphones and dac/amp setup and also wanted to know if it was worth going for the hd598 for only a slightly lower price.

Sorry for my poorly worded essay and thanks in advance :)

Which headphones are better is very subjective. The question is which sound better to you! We can only offer up our personal experiences. What sounds good to one person may not to another.

Super Slick

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
See the issue is where I live I can't try and compare the headphones, especially being that I am actually on holiday in a third world country right now haha. I have heard that the game zero is essentially a 598 with a mic attached and I am afraid there will therefore be the same problems I have with the game zero in the hd650 due to the 598 being similar to the 650. So I thought I better ask before buying.

Everybody hears differently. something you can hear and may not like may be undetectable by someone else. :/ We just don't have the same frame of reference that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.