upgrade to what??

theman2680

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
I have a msi r9 280. It seems like it is getting really slow in witcher 3. I get a lot of fps drops to 1 from 40-60 fps. it is almost unplayable. I have a g3258 pentium overclocked to 3.8. it could be the cpu also. I am not sure if something is being bottleneck or what but its just not working out. csgo i have medium setting and getting 90 fps. what is everyones thought on do i upgrade cpu or gpu. I have 8 gbs gddr3 1600. This computer is a second computer so its not going to be the top of the line but i want to play game without any fps drops or troubles. I like playing all of the new games out there. I am playing at 1080p 60hz.

Solution
Your RAM and other components are perfectly fine, but you want to upgrade to an i3 minimum with an R9 280, as this will alleviate the bottleneck your CPU presents in your current situation.
Optimally, you obviously do want to upgrade to something like an i5 4460, but if it isn't in your budget range, an i3 4170 will suit you perfectly.
Your RAM and other components are perfectly fine, but you want to upgrade to an i3 minimum with an R9 280, as this will alleviate the bottleneck your CPU presents in your current situation.
Optimally, you obviously do want to upgrade to something like an i5 4460, but if it isn't in your budget range, an i3 4170 will suit you perfectly.

Solution