Upgrade to Windows NT server

Marty

I have a small Point of Sale system for a Dinning Facility that is using a windows NT 4.0 OS and I would like to upgrade it to windows NT server. Can this be done? Can you upgrade a NT workstation to NT server?
Marty

You cannot "upgrade" from workstation to server. A fresh install is
required.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a small Point of Sale system for a Dinning Facility that is using a
windows NT 4.0 OS and I would like to upgrade it to windows NT server. Can
this be done? Can you upgrade a NT workstation to NT server?
> Marty

You can not upgrade any MS workstation operating system to a server
operating system. A format and reinstall is required.

You might consider installing Win 2k or Win 2k3. NT 4.0 will not be
supported that much longer.
See:
;lifecycle]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];lifecycle

Well it was scheduled to go out of support at the end of this year. They
seem to be updating that information at the link I sent you but it says
check back June first to see the updated info.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE