Question Upgrade Toshiba Satellite P300-1A8 pcu

Soho_kid

Commendable
Mar 6, 2021
I have a Toshiba Satellite P300-1A8 that I am looking to upgade. I plan on fitting an ssd and I have already ordered new ram. What I can’t find is any information on the motherboard (mainly cause it’s old I guess). My question is can anybody please tell me what is the best cpu I could add that is compatible with the motherboard. I can’t seem to find any accurate info online. I know the laptop is old and this is purely a fun exercise.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a Toshiba Satellite P300-1A8 that I am looking to upgade. I plan on fitting an ssd and I have already ordered new ram. What I can’t find is any information on the motherboard (mainly cause it’s old I guess). My question is can anybody please tell me what is the best cpu I could add that is compatible with the motherboard. I can’t seem to find any accurate info online. I know the laptop is old and this is purely a fun exercise.
What specific CPU is in it now?
Is it socketed or surface mount?

Soho_kid

Commendable
Mar 6, 2021
laptop from Core2 days... with 2GB of RAM?

Honestly, I'd probably not bother...
I’ve got max ram on order as it was very cheap. I’ve seen some other folks on YouTube upgrade to ssd and the results look good. I’ll pick up an ssd as there not expensive either but just want to know what is the best pcu that is compatible with the motherboard.

Soho_kid

Commendable
Mar 6, 2021
Well this laptop came into its own over lock down. One of my kids used it for doing there school work whilst working from home. It now gets used for watching YouTube and the odd telly program and movie. After upgrading the ram to the max supported I also added an ssd which made a huge difference. However as parts are cheap and I enjoy messing about with things I’d still like to know what is the most powerful processor that this laptop will support.