Upgrade Video Card/Power Supply?

TortoiseBoy

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hi Folks,
I have a Vostro 230 (mini tower) and it just has integrated video, but I would like better performance than that for games. I am looking to spend less than $100 on the video card. I don't need premium performance, but I would like to have games run at a reasonable frame rate. I have a 24" LCD panel running at 1920 x whatever. Anyway, I have been looking into video cards and I haven't found one with decent performance that will run on my 300w PSU.

1) Is there such a thing as a decent card that will run on my existing PSU?

2) If not, can you recommend a quality PSU upgrade (450w/500w?) that will fit in my Vostro mini tower that won't break the bank?

So, as usual, I want as much performance as I can get without spending a lot of money :)

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

TB

Solution
What are your full system specs?(CPU/RAM/Mobo/etc.)

Do you happen to know the make/model of your power supply? How many amps are on the 12/v rail?

You could get a 5570,which would be an improvement, but at your resoultion it will put a lot of strain on it.I think it would be best to save up some more money to buy a power supply and a better grapihcs card.At your budget level and your current power supply you don't really have a lot of options.
What are your full system specs?(CPU/RAM/Mobo/etc.)

Do you happen to know the make/model of your power supply? How many amps are on the 12/v rail?

You could get a 5570,which would be an improvement, but at your resoultion it will put a lot of strain on it.I think it would be best to save up some more money to buy a power supply and a better grapihcs card.At your budget level and your current power supply you don't really have a lot of options.

Solution