Apr 21, 2020
Hello I am looking to upgarde my wifi card for my laptop, i have a Intel centrino advanced-n + wimax 6250 . The max transmission speed on this card is 300mb, I get about half of that laptop runs around 150mb on the wifi. I am looking for a stronger wifi card that can push my transmission speed up to atleast double that. My modem and router set up can easily put out over 600mb so if i can get 300 on the laptop i would be extremely happy. The card installed is a, Board Form FactorPCIe Half MiniCard so i will need a card that matches that size and board form fit. i also assume my card to get atleast 250-300mb will have to be atleast double that at a 600mb or higher i could possible get one third of that from the card so could even need a 900mb card. Any suggestions and advice would be great below i put a link to the exact card i have installed and my laptop also. Thank yo guys in advance....

Wifi Card>>>> https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...centrino-advanced-n-wimax-6250-dual-band.html
Laptop >>>>> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/np-rc512

Solution
The Router is ac capable i have however been looking at a new router that is ax capable but i was concerned the ax router wont be backwards compatablee and then interfear with everything else on my network. So as of right now it is ac capable.
An ax router should be interoperable with an ac and older.
If you're looking to upgrade that, get an ax capable 2x2 intel card. that would be what you need.
Apr 21, 2020
does your router support wifi 6? (802.11ax)
if it does, search for a card that does too.

wifi 5 (802.11ac) will also be an upgrade. pretty sure that card only supports wifi 4.

remember to get a 2x2 card.
The Router is ac capable i have however been looking at a new router that is ax capable but i was concerned the ax router wont be backwards compatablee and then interfear with everything else on my network. So as of right now it is ac capable.

If you're looking to upgrade that, get an ax capable 2x2 intel card. that would be what you need.

Solution
Apr 21, 2020
Ok Cool thx about the info on the ax router being compatable. I am looking some more info on a wifi card that would be capable of the seeps i am asking about in the original question. Any suggestions on the best wifi card to get would be great thx.

Ok Cool thx about the info on the ax router being compatable. I am looking some more info on a wifi card that would be capable of the seeps i am asking about in the original question. Any suggestions on the best wifi card to get would be great thx.
Like is said before, an intel card is preferable.
so any ax capable, 2x2 intel card that is rated for 1000mbps will be very good.

Apr 21, 2020
Like is said before, an intel card is preferable.
so any ax capable, 2x2 intel card that is rated for 1000mbps will be very good.
So I still did not purchese my wifi card and was going to today till i looked at intl website and saw the board form fit on my card is... PCIe Half MiniCard and the one i was going to buy is a M.2 2230, M.2 1216 board form fit. This will not fit my laptop correct? I need a PCIe Half MiniCard to replace the one i have no other size will fit. am i correct in thinking this?

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
So I still did not purchese my wifi card and was going to today till i looked at intl website and saw the board form fit on my card is... PCIe Half MiniCard and the one i was going to buy is a M.2 2230, M.2 1216 board form fit. This will not fit my laptop correct? I need a PCIe Half MiniCard to replace the one i have no other size will fit. am i correct in thinking this?
You are correct, but may find it difficult to find a PCIe Half MiniCard because they haven't been produced for a few years now. Your best bet will probably be to determine which PCIe Half MiniCard you want, then look on eBay for a used one.

Apr 21, 2020
You are correct, but may find it difficult to find a PCIe Half MiniCard because they haven't been produced for a few years now. Your best bet will probably be to determine which PCIe Half MiniCard you want, then look on eBay for a used one.
So i think i found a card that will be the one i have to get i was looking for a more mb one but they are very hard to find in the size i want and also windows 7 compatable. The one im looking at getting is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. The theoretical speed is only 2.4>> 300 and 5G >> 867 Mbps . So i am hoping i can get half the 5g and pull a little over 400mb. Just posting to update and looking for any feedback and maybe suggestions. Below is a link to the Card for amazon and intel specs. Any input would be greatly appreciated Thx in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-Bluetooth/dp/B00E7QGHE6
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260.html

Apr 21, 2020
The Intel AC 7260 is a good card. It will work well for you. This is a 2x2 card, like virtually all of them, so 300 and 867 Mbps is all you're going to get (which is pretty good anyway). Go for it.
Thanks for the response update i ordered the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 yesterday so once it comes in and i install it ill update on how things went. Thanks again ::)

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Apr 21, 2020
Thank you all for you responses.I want to up date ya i ordered the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 received it the other day and installed today. Everything is working great thanks again for all the help. I still need to figure out the Bluetooth on the card but besides that all is great. Update again after Bluetooth all figured out...