Question Upgrade Windows 11 Home (digital license) to Pro via Product Key

Oct 11, 2022
Hello All,

I'm currently owning an Windows 11 Home which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account.
Now I'm having a question regarding upgrade it to Pro via Product Key (coming from "MyVisualStudioBenefits").

Question:
  1. What will happen to my digital license?
  2. Will it be invalid and replaced with the Product Key or still be valid.
If it's still valid but as Windows 11 Home, does it mean that if I use the digital licence to activate another PC, it will be Windows 11 Home and will need to use the Product Key to manually upgrade to Pro.
If it's still valid but as Windows 11 Pro, does it mean that since this upgrade is also applied to my digital license and I can directly activate another PC as Windows 11 Pro using my Microsoft Account.

Oct 11, 2022
Hello All,

I'm currently owning an Windows 11 Home which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account.
Now I'm having a question regarding upgrade it to Pro via Product Key (coming from "MyVisualStudioBenefits").

Question:
  1. What will happen to my digital license?
  2. Will it be invalid and replaced with the Product Key or still be valid.
If it's still valid but as Windows 11 Home, does it mean that if I use the digital licence to activate another PC, it will be Windows 11 Home and will need to use the Product Key to manually upgrade to Pro.
If it's still valid but as Windows 11 Pro, does it mean that since this upgrade is also applied to my digital license and I can directly activate another PC as Windows 11 Pro using my Microsoft Account.

I have upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Pro using product key and my digital license is still linked to my account which is perfect for me.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech