Question Upgrade with G.Skill RAM ?

Jun 23, 2023
Before I ask my question I’ll post specs:
I9 13900kf
Mb is asus prime z790 p wifi
Currently ram is trident ddr5 32 6000mhz.

overlocked pc/gpu/activated xmp (prefer tweaked mode). Everything works and is great. Could literally keep it as is. Just looking for a smidge more.
I looked into everything and I’m set for purchasing

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 48GB (2 x 24GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 8000 (PC5 64000)​

My question is, am I going to be able to utilize the 8000mhz. According to mb specs it says 7200+ so I would assume the 8000 is ok to push for. The difference between the two is only $60 bucks. But I also don’t like Paying for something I can’t use. Memory isn’t my finest knowledge so figure I’d reach out and hear from you all.

Jun 23, 2023
Would it matter if you could attain 8000 but could not detect any difference between that and the current 6000 speed?

Or would benchmarks and pride of ownership be enough?
If I’m noticing the difference from tweaking the current ram in bios at different frequencies I’m doubtful that 8000 won’t be an even more difference.
My question is will the motherboard be able to utilize the 8k or limited to 7200. (Difference in price is minimal however again don’t like paying for something I can’t use)

D

Deleted member 2838871

Every smidge counts

Stability is what I shoot for.

My question is, am I going to be able to utilize the 8000mhz. According to mb specs it says 7200+ so I would assume the 8000 is ok to push for.

To answer your question... I would say probably not. I believe 5600 is all that is officially supported and a quick Reddit search revealed a lot more stability issues beyond 6600 and even more beyond 7200.

6000 is the sweet spot for Ryzen... and I saw quite a few 13900k owners say it's the sweet spot for Intel as well. You're already there... ?

Feel free to try it and let us know though. Good luck!

Jun 23, 2023
Stability is what I shoot for.

To answer your question... I would say probably not. I believe 5600 is all that is officially supported and a quick Reddit search revealed a lot more stability issues beyond 6600 and even more beyond 7200.

6000 is the sweet spot for Ryzen... and I saw quite a few 13900k owners say it's the sweet spot for Intel as well. You're already there... ?

Feel free to try it and let us know though. Good luck!
Thanks there are plenty of OC ddr5 boosting 8k even with 12th gen Intel. So I’ll be very curious to see what the stats show. Ordered them so I’ll be sure to post the screenshots. They’ll be in Monday

D

Deleted member 2838871

Thanks there are plenty of OC ddr5 boosting 8k even with 12th gen Intel. So I’ll be very curious to see what the stats show. Ordered them so I’ll be sure to post the screenshots. They’ll be in Monday

Cool... sounds like your mind was made up before you posted a question you apparently already knew the answer to. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with it!

Jun 21, 2023
Before I ask my question I’ll post specs:
I9 13900kf
Mb is asus prime z790 p wifi
Currently ram is trident ddr5 32 6000mhz.

overlocked pc/gpu/activated xmp (prefer tweaked mode). Everything works and is great. Could literally keep it as is. Just looking for a smidge more.
I looked into everything and I’m set for purchasing

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 48GB (2 x 24GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 8000 (PC5 64000)​

My question is, am I going to be able to utilize the 8000mhz. According to mb specs it says 7200+ so I would assume the 8000 is ok to push for. The difference between the two is only $60 bucks. But I also don’t like Paying for something I can’t use. Memory isn’t my finest knowledge so figure I’d reach out and hear from you all.
Based on the information provided, your current RAM is Trident DDR5 32GB running at 6000MHz. According to the motherboard specifications, it supports RAM speeds of 7200MHz and higher. It should be compatible with the 8000MHz RAM you are considering. The price difference between the two options is $60, and since your motherboard supports the higher frequency, it seems reasonable to go for the faster RAM.

Keep in mind that the actual performance gain from upgrading to 8000MHz RAM might be minimal in most scenarios. It is advisable to assess your specific needs and usage patterns to determine if the extra expense is justified.

To mark your thread as Solved, Simply click the Trophy Icon on the left side of the most helpful post!