Question Upgrade

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
Hey guys I have the Ryzen 5 1500X CPU sand the gtx 1050Ti and I want to upgrade to a new graphics card. Would getting the rtx 2060 or the 1660Ti bottle neck or would that be ok?

The CPU might be a limiting factor but depending on your needs that may be irrelevant. What I mean is if you need a rock solid 60fps and your 1500X gets you that, do you really care if a faster CPU would get you 10 extra frames per second average?

So I'd get the videocard then test your games. You may not need a CPU upgrade at all. The card you get should be determined by the games you play and the resolution you intend to use.

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
The CPU might be a limiting factor but depending on your needs that may be irrelevant. What I mean is if you need a rock solid 60fps and your 1500X gets you that, do you really care if a faster CPU would get you 10 extra frames per second average?

So I'd get the videocard then test your games. You may not need a CPU upgrade at all. The card you get should be determined by the games you play and the resolution you intend to use.
I play fortnite and am looking to get consistently above 144fps. You think I could get that?