Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
I have an Intel core i5-8400, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070, 16 gb ram ddr 2400Mhz (2x8) and an Asus Prime H310M-K R2.0 motherboard. I'm currently playing on a 2560x1440p resolution and my monitor is 165hz. Should I upgrade something or I should just stay with this setup for a long time?

Solution
If your money is really burning a hole in your pocket, then you could possibly upgrade to a slightly better cpu, suck as an I7-7700k, but I wouldn’t recommend it as your current processor is very good. Your whole system is pretty great by itself. You could also upgrade your RAM to something like 24 if your motherboard supports dual channel and has 4 slots. If you wanted to Ben really overkill, you could get up to 32gb if RAM, again, if your motherboard supports it. I also wouldn’t recommend this as 16 is very good and workable very nicely for most people. Other than that, you have a very nice system, far better than what I’ll ever have, so I would stick with your current setup and use your money to maybe get a better...

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
First list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'd probably leave things alone but we'll learn more with your specs and what sort of games you tax the platform with.
CPU: Intel Core I5-8400
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310M-K R2.0
Ram: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz (2x8)
SSD/HDD: 240gb SSD, 3TB HDD 7200RPM
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070
PSU: EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze
Chassis: Corsair Spec Alpha

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
If your money is really burning a hole in your pocket, then you could possibly upgrade to a slightly better cpu, suck as an I7-7700k, but I wouldn’t recommend it as your current processor is very good. Your whole system is pretty great by itself. You could also upgrade your RAM to something like 24 if your motherboard supports dual channel and has 4 slots. If you wanted to Ben really overkill, you could get up to 32gb if RAM, again, if your motherboard supports it. I also wouldn’t recommend this as 16 is very good and workable very nicely for most people. Other than that, you have a very nice system, far better than what I’ll ever have, so I would stick with your current setup and use your money to maybe get a better keyboard/mouse/headset. If you don’t want any of those, simply save your money for a better time, maybe in the future when your current setup gets outdated.

Solution
If your money is really burning a hole in your pocket, then you could possibly upgrade to a slightly better cpu, suck as an I7-7700k, but I wouldn’t recommend it as your current processor is very good. Your whole system is pretty great by itself. You could also upgrade your RAM to something like 24 if your motherboard supports dual channel and has 4 slots. If you wanted to Ben really overkill, you could get up to 32gb if RAM, again, if your motherboard supports it. I also wouldn’t recommend this as 16 is very good and workable very nicely for most people. Other than that, you have a very nice system, far better than what I’ll ever have, so I would stick with your current setup and use your money to maybe get a better keyboard/mouse/headset. If you don’t want any of those, simply save your money for a better time, maybe in the future when your current setup gets outdated.
7700K really isn't much of an upgrade though. It actually has fewer cores.

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
Ok, I'll stay with my current setup, thanks.