Jun 7, 2020
My specs
GPU- GTX 2060
CPU- i5-8600k
RAM-2x8gb 3200
Motherboard- ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS GAMING
SSD- Samsung EVO 970 (1TB)
Monitor-144hz MSI 27in Curved.

I am contemplating on what to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to a 240hz monitor but i also feel as if i should upgrade my CPU. Any opinions? I have overclocked my CPU and i am struggling to find a new CPU that would be worth it due to the overclock speed. The i9 is just a little bit too steep of a price increase.

Solution
My specs
GPU- GTX 2060
CPU- i5-8600k
RAM-2x8gb 3200

I am contemplating on what to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to a 240hz monitor but i also feel as if i should upgrade my CPU. Any opinions? I have overclocked my CPU and i am struggling to find a new CPU that would be worth it due to the overclock speed. The i9 is just a little bit too steep of a price increase.

What are you playing/doing?

IMO your platform is too new to toss out and replace with anything. Try and get your hands on an i7-9700k if you want a nice upgrade. You're not going to get more gaming performance out of a 9900k.

That said your GPU unless you run at...
Jun 3, 2020
ryzen works just as well anymore and its way cheaper than intel so unless you have at least a couple thousand dollars to upgrade to the newest intel i would go with the 3900x or 3950x from amd, and get a x570 board to get the most out of it. or if you can wait till the end of the year amd should have new chips coming out i believe.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
My specs
GPU- GTX 2060
CPU- i5-8600k
RAM-2x8gb 3200

What are you playing/doing?

IMO your platform is too new to toss out and replace with anything. Try and get your hands on an i7-9700k if you want a nice upgrade. You're not going to get more gaming performance out of a 9900k.

That said your GPU unless you run at 1080p isn't going to give you more than 144fps in anything without details turned down, if you're looking for 240hz, you need more GPU power, or to be running a game that doesn't need a lot.

Solution