Question upgrade?

Apr 18, 2022
Hi. im still currently using a 1800x and a 1080ti. i have recently been pondering wether to buy a 5900x. since prices have come down a bit.
i mostly play a few games here n there nothing to demanding. would i see a decent improvement in fps from upgrading to a 5900x?
still on a 370 mb fyi.

or should i wait for next gen?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi. im still currently using a 1800x and a 1080ti. i have recently been pondering wether to buy a 5900x. since prices have come down a bit.
i mostly play a few games here n there nothing to demanding. would i see a decent improvement in fps from upgrading to a 5900x?
still on a 370 mb fyi.

Verify that your 370 motherboard has BIOS support for 5000 series CPUs. Only some do.
A 3700 or 3800 could be an upgrade but they are still kind of pricey.

Ralston18

Titan
I am reminded of the common expression "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it."

In all too many cases there may be little to be gained - and possibly not even be noticeable during game play.

More precisely, performance goes much beyond just the CPU.

Many factors involved.

The build will only be as fast or perform as well as the slowest component.

Look at the recommended hardware specs for the games you play now and the games you perhaps wish to play in the future.

Most games provide some listing of required hardware specs in the form of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".

You do not want minimal and you do want as much best as you can afford and will be compatible with the host gaming computer as a whole.

Stay with what you have, enjoy playing, and start planning ahead.

still on a 370 mb fyi.

Which exact MB, not all of them have BIOS version to support 5000 and i some cases it may not provide all the performance and options.
You might still have to update BIOS but you would get a 30%+ boost from 3600/3700x while from them to appropriate 5000 series boost is about 10%

Apr 18, 2022
mb is ga-ax370 gaming 5. i did check for support it does.

there are a couple games i want to get back into. like cyberpunk and fallout 4. never did finish that.
i just want to know if id i would see a noticable improvement in those type of games. while still using the 1080ti for the time being. im still not interested in upgrading graphic card for awhile still to pricey. i dont need advice on what to buy just a simple answer on what type of gains i would expect from just upgrading the cpu

Apr 18, 2022
mb is ga-ax370 gaming 5. i did check for support it does.

there are a couple games i want to get back into. like cyberpunk and fallout 4. never did finish that.
i just want to know if id i would see a noticable improvement in those type of games. while still using the 1080ti for the time being. im still not interested in upgrading graphic card for awhile still to pricey. i dont need advice on what to buy just a simple answer on what type of gains i would expect from just upgrading the cpu
i do play most games at 1440p aswell. 1080ti still does pretty damn well.