Question "upgrade"

Nov 2, 2022
Hello, just bought new CPU,MOBO And RAM.
Went from Intel to AMD this time.
Gigabyte B550 aorus Elite v2
Ryzen 5 5600x
Kingston Fury 3600MHz cl18 beast black total 32gb ram (kit of 2x16)
Switched all the components, only kept the SSD, HDD and GTX 1080 from the old setup.
Once i switch the pc on fans turn on and IT just wont send a signal to monitor, do i can't enter BIOS or anything.
I knew it wouldnt be very good to start the pc with the old drivers but thought i could atleast load into Windows And ten do the reinstall there. Turns out i can't even get to BIOS cause of no signal getting to the screen.
So i ask, did i chose incompatible components? Did i messed something up? Or could one of the components Broke?
(Everything worked on the last setup)
Thanks for aby suggestions 🙂

Nov 2, 2022
Did you do a clean Windows install or were the original SSD and HDD drives simply plugged into the new motherboard?
2 days ago i completely wiped HDD and did factory reset on the SSD (there i have a windows), yet still with the old components ofc.
So now i just unplugged And plugged right back in.

Nov 2, 2022
SSD being the boot drive - correct?

Moving a boot drive to another system can be problematic: could work, could work with all sorts of problems, could simply not work at all.

Clean install is needed.
Yep SSD Is the boot drive. Okay, lets say i create a media, then i want to select boot option And i still cannot acces then bios/boot option menu. What should i do then?

2 days ago i completely wiped HDD and did factory reset on the SSD (there i have a windows), yet still with the old components ofc.
So now i just unplugged And plugged right back in.

Get a Windows 10 or 11 image from Microsoft, use the Download Tool, need at least an 8GB pendrive. Backup all your important date to an external location and/or the could. Unplug every single HDD/SDD but for the boot drive. Install Windows from scratch. You can now plug your other HDD and SDD. Donwload the newest Chipset drivers and gpu drivers from AMD and Nvidia website.
If you are still msising audio or lan drivers,etc., get them from motherboard website.

Good luck!!!

Hello, just bought new CPU,MOBO And RAM.
Went from Intel to AMD this time.
Gigabyte B550 aorus Elite v2
Ryzen 5 5600x
Kingston Fury 3600MHz cl18 beast black total 32gb ram (kit of 2x16)
Switched all the components, only kept the SSD, HDD and GTX 1080 from the old setup.
Once i switch the pc on fans turn on and IT just wont send a signal to monitor, do i can't enter BIOS or anything.
I knew it wouldnt be very good to start the pc with the old drivers but thought i could atleast load into Windows And ten do the reinstall there. Turns out i can't even get to BIOS cause of no signal getting to the screen.
So i ask, did i chose incompatible components? Did i messed something up? Or could one of the components Broke?
(Everything worked on the last setup)
Thanks for aby suggestions 🙂
Unplug the ssd and hdd if you still don't get a bios screen then it has nothing to do with the disk.

Nov 2, 2022
Unplug the ssd and hdd if you still don't get a bios screen then it has nothing to do with the disk.
Yep, already tried And nothing. One thing i found out Is that 5600x works only with bios version F10. Could that be the problem? If so how do i update it from a Black screen 🤔. All i got in the box is a disc which wont do much until i get to windows if im right.

Yep, already tried And nothing. One thing i found out Is that 5600x works only with bios version F10. Could that be the problem? If so how do i update it from a Black screen 🤔. All i got in the box is a disc which wont do much until i get to windows if im right.
Looks like the mobo has a q-flash feature.

Do some reading as to how to use it to update the bios.

Reactions: Vic 40