[SOLVED] Upgraded 1080 to GTX 2080Ti Having No Improvement on FPS

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,

i upgraded my 1080 to a rtx 2080ti

system specs:

i7 4790
700w power supply
16Gb RAM

I am seeing no improvement in Performance on the New Modern Warfare with FPS its abit worse and freezes now and then, I have no idea I have removed the drivers with DDU.

Is it brcause of the cpu bottleneck?

i should still see a huge fboost?

Please help

Solution
Shouldn’t i still a huge fps boost? Even with my current cpu
What resolution are you playing at? If it's 1080p or lower then no, it shouldn't be a huge fps boost but it might have been a smaller bump in fps. If you play 1440p or greater then yes, you should have seen a far better fps boost.
Ok, it's time to ask what games are you playing and what fps you were getting and currently get? Because when you say that you don't see a big difference in fps, it's relative. Some people mean that differently than others.

Write your full system specs properly please. Don't forget to include make, model and age of PSU.
Use my signature as a guide on how to write them properly.

I once ran a 660Ti on a quad core Phenom II. Not so great. I upgraded the GPU to a 1060Ti. Quite an improvement, and more solid on fps, but still not great. Then I was given a free Titan Xp...very little fps change, almost not noticeable. Looking at GPU load even the 1060Ti never hit 100%. I don't think the Phenom II x4 ever pushed the Titan Xp beyond 40% of capacity. Then I upgraded the CPU to a 6600x, and suddenly demanding games brought GPU use up noticeably, with ok fps gains, but the RAM was still at a low clock speed (like 2200MHz). After setting the RAM to its rated 3200MHz my frame rate went up dramatically, even compared to the same 6600x with the same RAM running at a lower speed. CPU throughput matters, and matters a lot.

Today, with the 6600x and Titan Xp, the most demanding game for me is Star Citizen. Even so, the 6600x is incapable of pushing a Titan Xp beyond about 80% capacity. Your RTX is far more capable than the Titan Xp. I strongly believe that every person suggesting CPU bottleneck will be correct. A fast GPU just transforms data quickly...take away the data and the frame rate goes down dramatically.