Question Upgraded a AMD RX 570 8 GB to an RTX 3060 16 GB, but the performance is worst

Oct 6, 2022
Hi guys. So, I've recently upgraded from an AMD RX 570 8 GB to an NVIDIA RTX 3060.
I play FIFA and CSGO on PC and I felt I needed the upgrade to play the new FIFA 23. Unfortunately, the switch to the new GPU has been a real headache.
With the old AMD RX 570 8 GB I played FIFA 22 with 144fps and CSGO with over 250 fps, without major problems.
With the new NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 GB I play FIFA 23 with 80 fps and CSGO with 200 fps. To make it worst, I'm getting constant microstuttering. Sure the games are running prettier than before, but I feel the performance is much worse, I've tried different settings and can't make it better.

Also, the temperatures are fine: around 60ºC on both GPU and CPU while gaming.

What am I missing? Right now, I assume the problem must be with the CPU, the RAM velocity, or the Power Supply, but I don't want to be spending more money without being sure it will solve my performance problems.

This is my setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Storage: Corsair MP400 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card
Power Supply: Thermaltake Litepower 550 W ATX Power Supply
Monitor: HP OMEN 25 24.5" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz Monitor
RAM: Kingston 9905734-022.A00G 1x16GB 2666 MHz

Link to Benchmark tests
1st: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55740648
2nd: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55740832

Thanks in advance if you are spending your time to help me solve my problems.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022
Hi bmockeg. When I installed the new GPU, I also performed a full format of my C: disk and reinstalled Windows 10. I dont have any AMD drivers installed.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Hi bmockeg. When I installed the new GPU, I also performed a full format of my C: disk and reinstalled Windows 10. I dont have any AMD drivers installed.
How old is your power supply? is there any crashing? or Blue screens? hard lock up? is the GPU brand new or 2nd hand? have you tried using some sort benchmark tool to throw as much power at it? see if its the power supply ? run some benchmarks and loop it something heavy GPU and CPU load at same time, if it shuts down or has any issues that will help you, any artifacts ?

Oct 6, 2022
How old is your power supply? is there any crashing? or Blue screens? hard lock up? is the GPU brand new or 2nd hand? have you tried using some sort benchmark tool to throw as much power at it? see if its the power supply ? run some benchmarks and loop it something heavy GPU and CPU load at same time, if it shuts down or has any issues that will help you, any artifacts ?
Hi bowzef!

How old is your power supply?
3 years old.
is there any crashing? or Blue screens? hard lock up?
No.
is the GPU brand new or 2nd hand?
2nd hand (bought originally in july 2021). But the seller is someone I know and I truely believe there is nothing wrong with the GPU.
have you tried using some sort benchmark tool to throw as much power at it? see if its the power supply ? run some benchmarks and loop it something heavy GPU and CPU load at same time, if it shuts down or has any issues that will help you, any artifacts ?
The only benchmark I tried was the 'UserBenchmark'. I will try to get some tool to test my power supply. Do you recomend any tool?

Thanks your help.