[SOLVED] Upgraded Components and Overclocked, Now Getting BSOD for Bugcheck and Other Stopcodes

Jul 8, 2020
Not sure if this should be in System or Overclocking. OCs seem to be stable with good temperatures and completed benchmark tests on 3DMark.

I just upgraded all of my components except for my RAM and Hard Drive. Initially I received my new CPU and GPU, installed both on my old Motherboard and ran them at stock clocks with no issues. I received the new Motherboard and PSU, installed all components and proceeded to OC RAM and CPU after initial build posted stable at stock clocks. RAM OC done with just XMP Profile 1 to 3000 MHz. Followed Buildzoid CPU overclock guide video for i9-9900k OC to 5 GHz. Eventually ran MSI Afterburner Core Clock scan and used the voltage curve to OC the GPU.

Initial issue with CPU Voltage being too low causing crashes. I troubleshot and figured out the problem, raised the volts to 1.35v and it runs fine with temps in the mid-60s during gaming. System started crashing, within half an hour, for driver issues repeatedly whenever I would try to play BF5, CoD:MW or Rocket League. Tried updating drivers for files named during Verifier BSOD crash loop (xboxgyp.sis, logitech, etc). None of them stopped driver problems so I reinstalled windows to baseline all my drivers.

System worked fine for a couple games of Warzone and an hour or so of streaming RL. Crashed to BSOD for Bugcheck, Kernel Power 41 (63). Event Viewer reports linked below.

Bugcheck Crash Event - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqGd_M2SRy9jl36lOTYjfbU-bBsO?e=xLPN0y
Kernel Power 41 (63) Event - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqGd_M2SRy9jl39Y6wfnWixsj_M2?e=EBSgrm
MiniDump File: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqGd_M2SRy9jmADXGV_dKaRajuNV?e=Vz7vgC

Old Specs:
Intel i7-8700k
ASUS ROG Strix H370-F
MSI GeForce GTX 1080
1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (16 x 2 @ 3000 MHz)
Corsair RM650x PSU

New Specs:
Intel i9-9900k
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
EVGA FTW3 GeForce RTX 2080 TI
1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (16 x 2 @ 3000 MHz)
Corsair HX1200 PSU

Could the issue be the OCs despite no issues with temps or running full benchmarks in 3DMark? Should I resetting BIOS to stock clocks on everything? Or is this possibly something I have screwed up in the system or drivers?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank You

Solution
Skip the surge protector for a few hours of testing, and you will know? :)

As you swapped CPUs and GPUs, without a fresh install, this could just be an OS/driver glitch....; if so, flattening the installation and fresh installing everything would cure that. (You always want to initially test for stability at conservative clock speeds/RAM speeds, etc...)
Jul 8, 2020
I just thought about this, and maybe it's a stupid question. With a powerful PSU like my HX1200 and a high power demand from Overclocking my CPU, GPU and RAM... And the fact that most of my issues seem to be sudden shutdowns. Is it possible that having the computer plugged into a surge protector/power strip is causing it to underpower the system when it's trying to pull a heavy load?

I hope this is it, but if it is this would be a serious facepalm moment lol.

Skip the surge protector for a few hours of testing, and you will know? :)

As you swapped CPUs and GPUs, without a fresh install, this could just be an OS/driver glitch....; if so, flattening the installation and fresh installing everything would cure that. (You always want to initially test for stability at conservative clock speeds/RAM speeds, etc...)

Solution
Jul 8, 2020
The fresh OS install did seem to get rid of driver issues. I will try running without the surge protector for a while tomorrow and see what happens then update. Thank you for the input!