[SOLVED] Upgraded CPU and now my Pc won’t turn on

Apr 11, 2020
My motherboard is the Strix B250F Gaming Motherboard and my GPU is the RTX 2080.

I have been troubleshooting this for a while but I am still unable to figure this out. I recently bought a i7-9700k to replace my old i5-7600 and when I put the i7 in to the socket it does not work and the Pc does not turn on when I hit the power button. I know that no pins in the socket are damaged because when I put the i5 in the socket the computer turns on. I also have the latest BIOS update dowloaded. I cannot figure out what the problem with it is.

If you can help please do it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Solution
i5-7600 + Strix B250F Gaming = LGA 1151 Platform

i7-9700K = LGA 1151 V2 Platform, and it is not backwards-compatible with LGA 1151 cpus.
300 series mobos = LGA 1151 V2
My motherboard is the Strix B250F Gaming Motherboard and my GPU is the RTX 2080.

I have been troubleshooting this for a while but I am still unable to figure this out. I recently bought a i7-9700k to replace my old i5-7600 and when I put the i7 in to the socket it does not work and the Pc does not turn on when I hit the power button. I know that no pins in the socket are damaged because when I put the i5 in the socket the computer turns on. I also have the latest BIOS update dowloaded. I cannot figure out what the problem with it is.

If you can help please do it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
That MB doesn't support 9th gen Intel, 6th and 7th gen only