Question Upgraded cpu, ended up with endless BSOD.

Mar 30, 2018
Buckle up, bit of a story.

So, I upgraded my brother’s pc from an i3 6100 and gtx 960 2gb to an i5 6402p and a gtx 1660ti. I removed the old cpu and stock intel cooler, and replaced them with the new cpu and an artic freezer 12. And then when I put everything back together, it posts, but everytime it ends up with bsod with same errors repeating over and over again. I shorted the jumpers, I even removed the battery from the mobo (for over 1 hour), I download the newest bios update from msi (msi h110m pro-vh mobo) and then put it on a usb pendrive with my brother’s S8 through OTG and then successfully updated the bios, the sata mode is in ahci mode (not like I would be able to change it, since it’s the only mode available there). I tried removing a stick of ram as well, even burned a windows 10 iso on the pendrive, through OTG again and a handy android app, but it just wouldn’t boot from the usb.

I literally dunno what else to do. I ordered some thermal paste again, and I’ll try tomorrow putting the old cpu in, maybe that will work.

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to write it down.