[SOLVED] Upgraded CPU, Windows 7 Crashes Everytime I Try to Boot.

Shawn_49

Reputable
Sep 2, 2016
A friend of mine asked me to install a new cpu for him. I had to switch cases to allow for a larger PSU, and i installed the CPU.

Went from a Intel Pentium Dual Core e4500 to a Core 2 Quad Q9550.

PC has 4 gigs of ram, all are single 1 gig sticks. BIOS says its in Dual channel mode, but on the motherboard the 4 slots are split in to two separate channels. Pretty sure that isnt the issue.

The only error that is detecting is "SYS fan failure", but i don't have a system fan plugged in. (No spot in case)

Windows 7 begins to start after going to the bios and pressing F1. I've already set the BIOS settings to run as default.

Once it gets to "Starting Windows" it freezes after two of the colored dots appear, and then reboots back into the "American megatrends" boot screen.

I tried running start up repair, nothing fixed it.

Really stuck here, and i'm panicking because i don't know what the issue is and it isn't even my PC.

Please help ASAP.

Solution
I don't know what your motherboard is since you didn't stated that above, but there might be a compatibility issue between your mb and your CPU, and you might need to update your BIOS in order to fix if that if that's the case.

berbat88

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
I don't know what your motherboard is since you didn't stated that above, but there might be a compatibility issue between your mb and your CPU, and you might need to update your BIOS in order to fix if that if that's the case.

Last edited:
Solution

Shawn_49

Reputable
Sep 2, 2016
I don't know what your motherboard is since you didn't stated that above, but there might be a compatibility issue between your mb and your CPU, and you might need to update your BIOS in order to fix if that is the case.

Motherboard is " ECS G43T-DM1 Intel G43 Socket 775 "

I looked up prior to this if the motherboard supported the CPU, and the bios is detecting the CPU.