[SOLVED] Upgraded from 660 2GB to 1060 6GB and saw no difference in FPS

Nov 30, 2019
I got a new graphics card 1060 6GB EVGA a few months ago and have seen no fps difference since buying it and I have no idea why

Solution
With 100W PSU your computer will not even start up with just the CPU installed lol
I'm pretty sure it's a typo and they meant 1000w...

In that resolution you are CPU bound. Not even the 9900k would help. That you might also have, since you did not mentioned anything about specs.
I agree with the first sentence.
The second one, not so much. Because their previous gpu was an old GTX 660, I'm assuming their current cpu is likely equally as old. As such, a move to a 9900K likely would've seen a greater result over the 660 to 1060.
CS:GO was never very big on gpu resources; it can run over 100fps on a potato gpu like the GT 1030 on low.
We don't as well. It's a mystery!

Joke aside, if you seriously want us to help, then you should provide much more info than that. You literally have not said anything useful.

List your full system specs. Don't forget make and model of your PSU.
What games are you playing? What resolution? What refresh rate?
Did you use DDU?
Do you have BIOS/chipset/windows/GPU drivers updated?
How are your temps of GPU and CPU idle and while gaming?

Reactions: Phaaze88
Nov 30, 2019
I'm playing CS:GO and Fortnite
Corsair 100W PSU (i dont know the name)
No i didnt use DDU
yes everything updated (bios chipset gpu drivers)
temps are like 50 degrees celsius
on fortnite im playing full 1080p
CS:GO 1024x768
both @144hz

Although you answered like HALF of what I asked, the things you answered are not answered properly.
Corsair 100W PSU
Open the case and take a look. I don't think that 100W is the real output, so you must have mistaken it.

CS:GO 1024x768
In that resolution you are CPU bound. Not even the 9900k would help. That you might also have, since you did not mentioned anything about specs.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
With 100W PSU your computer will not even start up with just the CPU installed lol
I'm pretty sure it's a typo and they meant 1000w...

I agree with the first sentence.
The second one, not so much. Because their previous gpu was an old GTX 660, I'm assuming their current cpu is likely equally as old. As such, a move to a 9900K likely would've seen a greater result over the 660 to 1060.
CS:GO was never very big on gpu resources; it can run over 100fps on a potato gpu like the GT 1030 on low.

Reactions: dotas1
Solution
Because their previous gpu was an old GTX 660, I'm assuming their current cpu is likely equally as old. As such, a move to a 9900K likely would've seen a greater result over the 660 to 1060.
I meant to say that even a 9900k would still be a bottleneck in that resolution and the game would be still CPU bound, not that it won't be an improvement. Wrong phrasing, my bad.