[SOLVED] Upgraded from r3 1200 to r5 1600, the computer wont start at all

Nov 21, 2018
Hello there.
I just recently got my 1600 and switched the r3 1200 in the pc I had nearly a year now. But after switching, the computer wont start at all. I tried everything I could find:
-Replacing the 1600 with the 1200
-Reseating the cpu, Ram, and Gpu
-Checking to see if
-Trying to do a cmos reset

And the computer still wont turn on. Nothing is powered and now my 1200 is now out of service due to a broken pin on the outside.

Can you help me figure out whats wrong?

Specs:
R5 1600
Asrock a320m-HDV (I know I know but I'm currently stuck with this board)
Corssair Vengance 1 8gb 2400 mhz (Or lower clock speed)
Evga Bronze 80+ 500w psu
Zotac GTX 1050ti mini

Also apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post questions, I'm getting used to being here.

Solution
Check the pins of the ryzen 5 1600 cpu.
Then put the thermal paste and put it back together. Make sure that the thermal paste doesn't enter your socket. It's GG, if you do.
Try using the old CPU and try turning on your PC. If your PC still doesn't turn on, then you made a booboo with another PC part.

At all times, when you swap CPUs, unplug all your cables and connection. Press the power button, to discharge all leftover electricity from your PC.
It'll turn on for a second then shutdown.

If you tried all these, then your ryzen 5 1600 cpu might be defective.

FYI, you said that your previous CPU had broken pins, did you check the sockets (CPU socket), if there are any pins stuck in there?

Nothing turns on at all? What have you unplugged while changing CPU?

Dec 20, 2018
Check the pins of the ryzen 5 1600 cpu.
Then put the thermal paste and put it back together. Make sure that the thermal paste doesn't enter your socket. It's GG, if you do.
Try using the old CPU and try turning on your PC. If your PC still doesn't turn on, then you made a booboo with another PC part.

At all times, when you swap CPUs, unplug all your cables and connection. Press the power button, to discharge all leftover electricity from your PC.
It'll turn on for a second then shutdown.

If you tried all these, then your ryzen 5 1600 cpu might be defective.

FYI, you said that your previous CPU had broken pins, did you check the sockets (CPU socket), if there are any pins stuck in there?

Solution