Question Upgraded from RX 580 to RTX 2070 Super and not seeing improvements

Cyes-

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
To make this as short as possible, I bought my RX 580 on a budget and recently I noticed a lot of stuttering in different games, so I decided to make an upgrade for the long term. So, I bought a Gigabyte Gaming OC 2070 Super. However, I am seeing just about the same frames in every game I play. I play in 1080p res with a 144hz monitor. My first thought went to my CPU possibly bottlenecking. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and from my understanding it does not bottleneck very much. Either way i ran a benchmark and saw degraded performance across the board on my PC, especially my CPU.
My Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
RAM: Corsair Vengeance C15 (16GB at 3000mhz)
OS is installed on a M.2 SSD
Heres the link to my bench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22380794

After seeing these results I tried overclocking my CPU to 3.9mhz (I was previously at stock 3.4mhz), but I saw absolutely no improvement. I bought this $500 GPU and right now it is just paperweight since I am not getting any better improvements in game. I would just like some advice, or anything to point me in the right direction. I was thinking of buying a new CPU, but I don't want to jump to conclusions to quickly. I also want to use my new GPU to its full potential, but at the moment I am unable to. Thanks in advance.

Game example: I get 40-50 frames on GTA V with my 2070 super when I previously got 90-110 with my RX 580.

Last edited:

Aziren2001

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
Check for Driver updates, system updates anything like that.
Check what else is running in the background on your system, see if there is any unnecsary apps running or apps that would slow your system down.

Cyes-

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
Check for Driver updates, system updates anything like that.
Check what else is running in the background on your system, see if there is any unnecsary apps running or apps that would slow your system down.
All drivers are up to date, I don't see my system being slowed down by any background apps.

TRENDING THREADS