Upgraded from Vista to 7 in the past, proper clean reinstallation method?

shinkiro0

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
So I had vista business which I upgraded to windows 7 pro via a MSDN key. I cannot download a windows 7 iso file from "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7" because it is an upgrade key. Calling support put me in a transfer loop so I'm not getting any help from that end.

My main question is, can I do a clean reinstallation from a windows 7 upgrade key? If not, what is the recommended method for a clean reinstallation with a vista business key and a windows 7 pro upgrade key?

shinkiro0

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Ah, the download I can find a torrent for or something. Thing is, in that annoying call-loop, I realized that I wasn't sure if I could use an upgrade key for a clean reinstallation. Can I do that, or do I have to do something special or roundabout for a clean install since I don't have a regular key?

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
Just so you know, people on here won't help if you are using torrents. Personally speaking I would avoid using torrented Windows ISO files as they are well renowned for containing malware that could potentially kill your PC.

I would ask some friends as you normally find someone you know has a clean copy of Windows installation disk.

TRENDING THREADS