Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 stuck at start screen after first reboot!

Bryce Demar

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013
So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 onto my pc. After install when i was at the desktop screen i got chrome, steam, ect. But after my first reboot I get a Windows error recovery screen and after tapping start widows normally i gets stuck after and wont get past that screen. I did not get to install my gpu drivers so that may be one cause. is their any fix to this? Again i cannot get into the desktop.

+ When I enter windows error recovery then i simply get a vista load-up and a black screen after that.

Solution
Point was that lack of graphics drivers is not the cause of the issue.
But, proceeding to the point where steam and chrome are installed without first installing chipset drivers can be a problem.
I suggest starting over with a clean install.
All graphics adapters have a basic mode that will run without any drivers in a lower resolution mode.

But, after the windows install, the first thing you should do is install the chipset drivers that came with your motherboard.
Once you have internet connectivity, install an antivirus program and firewall.

Bryce Demar

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013

The problem is that he cant even get into desktop. Safe mode freezes in the middle of loading, and windows repair results in a black screen.

Point was that lack of graphics drivers is not the cause of the issue.
But, proceeding to the point where steam and chrome are installed without first installing chipset drivers can be a problem.
I suggest starting over with a clean install.

Solution