Question upgraded GPU and have a worse performance

Apr 8, 2020
i use to have a AMD R7 370 and upgraded to a GTX 1660 Super, and i have a noticeable worst performance in the games i used to play in terms of fps, i have cleaned all the AMD drivers properly before installing the nvidia ones.
Btw at the moment i have a i5-4460 as a CPU, can it be a bottleneck on the cpu?

Apr 8, 2020
What are the full system specs of your computer?

Stuttering is usually an indication of not enough RAM, how much RAM usage do you get during gaming?
i have 8gb, it should be more than enough for the game i tested it, which is cs go, not sure how much its getting used but not fully.

my motherboard is : ASUSTeK H97M-E
storage: 223GB OCZ-TRION100

Apr 28, 2020
Kinda old thread, but it's your ram. When you upgrade VRAM your computer needs more RAM because it wants to utilize the more VRAM even though it seems it doesn't need to (IDK if this is super accurate, but it's what seems to be true given my experience), but can't if it doesn't have the RAM to support it. Yes, even for CS:GO.

Source: The same thing happened to me going from 2gb to 6gb of VRAM.

Apr 8, 2020
Kinda old thread, but it's your ram. When you upgrade VRAM your computer needs more RAM because it wants to utilize the more VRAM even though it seems it doesn't need to (IDK if this is super accurate, but it's what seems to be true given my experience), but can't if it doesn't have the RAM to support it. Yes, even for CS:GO.

Source: The same thing happened to me going from 2gb to 6gb of VRAM.
i completely forgot of this thread i made when trying to fix my pc, it took me like 4 days of compleat headache but finally i was able to get it running, and no its not the ram, it should be some errors in the installation files or drivers, i cant really tell where the problem was because what i did was go all the way back to the installation of the gpu, i got my old gpu back, unnistalled everything realated to it, and plugged the new one in, installed everything again and it worked!

TRENDING THREADS