Question Upgraded gpu, get lag spikes now

iammatty

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
Hey there, I’ve upgraded from the 1660 to the 3060, the difference is crazy and I love it, but every minute or so I get a lag spike for about 10 seconds, it’s not a fps lag, it’s like a ping lag but my ping stays around 13 the whole time.

example: if I’m playing cod with friends on discord, the lag hits, i cant hear any of my friends and it kicks me out of discord, I can move my character ingame but no one else moves.

Ive never had issues with wifi before so I can’t imagine it’s that.

all temperatures are fine.

i have 3060 gpu, i5 9600k .

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
Sounds like a network issue more than a Graphics card issue. Have you tried using ethernet or resetting the network settings etc? I would recommend DDU'ing all your graphics drivers and reinstalling them all due to your GPU change

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

iammatty

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
Sounds like a network issue more than a Graphics card issue. Have you tried using ethernet or resetting the network settings etc? I would recommend DDU'ing all your graphics drivers and reinstalling them all due to your GPU change
My network was completely fine before tho, im unable to run Ethernet due to the position of my setup, what’s DDU’ing?

Art123

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
My network was completely fine before tho, im unable to run Ethernet due to the position of my setup, what’s DDU’ing?
DDU is a program that effectively completely destroys all trace of any graphical drivers. It's useful to remove your graphics drivers every time you upgrade your GPU to clear up any issues.

I recommend you run a network bandwidth test and the network troubleshooter. It seems highly unlikely your GPU would cause network lag in-game and on discord. I think it is your network unfortunately, it may seem fine but it is clearly unstable. Run a network stress test and get a new WiFi adapter or something if the test results are not favourable

iammatty

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
DDU is a program that effectively completely destroys all trace of any graphical drivers. It's useful to remove your graphics drivers every time you upgrade your GPU to clear up any issues.

I recommend you run a network bandwidth test and the network troubleshooter. It seems highly unlikely your GPU would cause network lag in-game and on discord. I think it is your network unfortunately, it may seem fine but it is clearly unstable. Run a network stress test and get a new WiFi adapter or something if the test results are not favourable
I just dont understand, 2 days ago i never lagged like this in about 2-3 years, i install gpu, and this happens? it must have something to do with it? is it bottle necking?