Upgraded GPU no Signal

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014
Hello, I just upgraded from a sapphire r9 270x to gtx1070 ftw. My monitor is VGA, so i bought a vga to hdmi convertor(one that requires power from micro usb). When I turn the PC on, all lights come on, fans spin up, hdd indicator lights up, but I receive no signal from the gpu. I checked to make sure it is seated properly and it is. I have tried the vga-> HDMI adapter with my old gpu and everything works. I removed the battery from the gpu to reset the cmos and still no signal. Please help! Thanks!

Update: After returning gtx1070 and getting new one, it all works. Must have been a flukey card.

Solution
Have you also made sure the voltage connection to your GPU is seated and secure to your PSU? Also, a gtx card to a vga monitor is kind of pointless if you ask me. You might want to spend a bit more for a decent monitor to show what your new GTX can display. You're also losing your sound signal as well from the conversion so I highly suggest you get one soon! Good luck~

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Have you also made sure the voltage connection to your GPU is seated and secure to your PSU? Also, a gtx card to a vga monitor is kind of pointless if you ask me. You might want to spend a bit more for a decent monitor to show what your new GTX can display. You're also losing your sound signal as well from the conversion so I highly suggest you get one soon! Good luck~

Solution

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

I am using a Rosewill Capstone 550. I have checked that power cables are connected and the gpu is seated. I plan to get a new monitor at some point in January.

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014

I know it's been a while, but it turns out that gpu was just a dud. I sent it back and got a new one and all works now!