Question Upgraded Mobo and CPU, no display and no power to KB+M

Aug 7, 2019
Hi all,
Recently a friend sent me his Motherboard with CPU already in its socket with the bios on the mobo updated, and a new CMOS battery installed. I swapped out my previous motherboard which was socketed with an FX 6300 to the new motherboard, an ASUS H87MPRO socketed with an i7 4770K. Upon putting all my hardware back together and finding the newly placed headers on the H87M, I went to boot it up. Upon the first initial bootup, it triple booted (powered on for about 5 secs and cycled 3 times until it remained constantly on). The first thing I noticed was that there was no display on my monitor using all available HDMI ports, mobo and gpu, swapping cables and ports as well. The next issue I encountered was that my KB+M receive no power since they don’t light up, putting them into every USB slot on my mobo made no difference, even the top panel USB ports. One strange thing I noticed is that when I insert my headset to charge into the top panel USB port, it works and can hold charge.

I’ve tried reseating my RAM into every slot, booting with no RAM inserted. Attempted to use the MEMOK button on the mobo to troubleshoot, unplugging and swapping sata cables and trying different sata ports. Removing all hardware and double checking everything is in the right spots, plugging the psu directly into an outlet and not a bus. Holding power button for 1 min while unplugged

Here are my specs
MOBO - ASUS H87MPRO
CPU - i7 4770K
GPU - AMD 590 SAPPHIRE
RAM - 1x8 TEAMGROUP ELITE DDR3 1600
PSU - EVGA 450B Bronze
HDD - WD 2 TB 5400RPM

Any help/advice/experience would be appreciated!

Aug 7, 2019
Yeah unfortunately I don’t have an internal speaker anywhere in my immediate range, I’ll be ordering one but unfortunately looks like I’ll have to put this build on hold for about a week starting tomorrow since I have to travel. Hopefully my thread stays alive and maybe more people will see it and maybe tune in some advice. I’ll keep you updated once I return if this thread doesn’t get locked/deleted! :)

Aug 7, 2019
Don’t know any way to test to find out which one is defective, I’m guessing it would most likely be the mobo since the led lights up but can’t output any power to connected usb devices?