Question Upgraded MOBO/CPU/RAM

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Fresh install of windows Pro 10.1? now getting crashes.
My specs are:
2 7200RPM 250GB HDDS (Ancient I know)
ASRock B450M Pro4
Ryzen 5 2600
Vengeance Red 2800MHZ DDR4 4x4 Kit
MSI Radeon HD 7870 1050Mhz 2GB
Corsair VS450 (At least 3yrs old)
I think my PC uses just under 400 watts so maybe this is the issue, but occasionally I experience a crash where I can't use my PC or a bsod. My screen enlarges on my main monitor so I can't see a code or anything. I get kernel power, error 41 when looking in the event viewer. I've cleaned the PC plenty of times and a sure way to get it to crash seems to be Netflix in chrome, although Netflix is fine in other browsers?
Thank you!

So, is my PC not getting enough power or is there another issue at hand? Money is tight so whilst I can get another PSU, it would be massively inconvenient for it to still be crashing.
Tried cleaning HDDS. Ran memtest in windows. Temps appear fine (besides a 95degree mobo reading I believe to be faulty sensor?)

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Yes. Thankyou. I'm on Windows Pro 10 actually, please don't ask why I thought there was a 1 included somewhere :D
Memory: View: https://i.imgur.com/UXp2fPv.png

SPD: View: https://i.imgur.com/OqlyRjd.png

I hadn't attempted to run the RAM at 2800Mhz yet as I didn't feel the need to. I haven't upgraded the motherboards BIOS either, not sure whether I should without any experience doing so.
Besides that I have recently installed the Ryzen Master (CPU driver) Chipset Drivers (AM4) GFX card drivers. RAID drivers from mobo. Wireless Card drivers(Although think I got the wrong ones for my card?)

I also noticed my GPU core is as low as 400Mhz sometimes and then 1050 every so often:
View: https://i.imgur.com/loqFiKf.png

What is Windows Pro 10.1 ? Some 3rd party altered windows install?
Probably that's, what's causing your problems.

Get original from Microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Windows Professional 10.1 is legit. Just not often called that by most people. I think most people have Windows 10 and have used Windows Update to succeed 10.1. While someone that bought a PC with 10.1 preinstalled would have 10.1 as the base and then update beyond that.

Orignal 10 was "Threshold". Then a major update in mid 2016 called "Redstone" was designated as "10.1". Most of the fixes were to Edge. I think that's also when Skype kept annoyingly installing itself automatically, putting a Skype icon on your desktop without asking you. :(

Anyhoo.... OP: Doesn't seem to be a PSU problem since the PC isn't rebooting or shutting down. Could potentially be a memory issue. Since you have a 4x4 kit, maybe use 4x2 for now to see if the problem with running Netflix in Chrome goes away. If it doesn't, switch to the other 4x2.

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Windows Professional 10.1 is legit. Just not often called that by most people. I think most people have Windows 10 and have used Windows Update to succeed 10.1. While someone that bought a PC with 10.1 preinstalled would have 10.1 as the base and then update beyond that.

Orignal 10 was "Threshold". Then a major update in mid 2016 called "Redstone" was designated as "10.1". Most of the fixes were to Edge. I think that's also when Skype kept annoyingly installing itself automatically, putting a Skype icon on your desktop without asking you. :(

Anyhoo.... OP: Doesn't seem to be a PSU problem since the PC isn't rebooting or shutting down. Could potentially be a memory issue. Since you have a 4x4 kit, maybe use 4x2 for now to see if the problem with running Netflix in Chrome goes away. If it doesn't, switch to the other 4x2.
Sorry I forgot to include that, when it does a BSOD it does restart afterwards. although sometimes freezes so I just hold the power button to power it down and I'll try that with the memory and post back!

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
It does actually appear to be the RAM. I ran a performance test and when it started to test memory instantly got BSOD. So I isolated the bad card, is this stick now useless?

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Well.. What I meant was a sudden reboot. A reboot after a BSOD is normal.
Oh sorry for misunderstanding, thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this. I will attempt to contact the seller of the kit as I got them off eBay. Would performance be affected much if I used a different stick of 2800Mhz Ram? Preferably vengeance too

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Okay when I started my PC back up, it blue screened without the ‘faulty’ RAM. I have no idea what to do from here is there any logs I can upload or anything for a better diagnosis?

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I did a more thorough test and found there was a faulty stick, just don't know what to do from here. Do I sell the remaining 3 4GBs individually and buy another 16gb kit?

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I was given the RAM from a relative. He bought it from eBay. I keep seeming to get BSOD again when launching wow classic. Any idea on what tests to perform, could it possibly be a network adapter running windows 8 version due to there not being a win 10 driver?

Troyw2000

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I also cannot clock my PC to 2800mhz with the XMP profile, that and 3000mhz both cause blue screens and restarts. Making me think it was a power issue. When I open AMD Ryzen Master I see a red count on a certain voltage (VRM iirc)