Question Upgraded motherboard-Now I have no video...

Dec 14, 2018
Hey all.
I upgraded the motherboard in my system this morning, and now I have no video output. Neither from the GPU nor the Motherboard itself.
The pervious motherboard was a Gigabyte B360M Micro-ATX, and the new one is an ASUS Z370-E.
Before I purchased, I ensured all parts were compatible and that I had all the necessary cords and wires.
The install went smoothly, I only screwed up the mini plugs twice before I got it to power on. (I didn't even forget to turn the PSU back on!)

But I am getting no video. At all. Do I need to use a VGA cable instead of HDMI?
My full specs are:
i7-8700
2x8GB DDR4 3000 RAM
16GB Intel OPTANE
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce OC.
EVGA 600W 80+ PSU

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
Do I need to use a VGA cable instead of HDMI?
No.
Does everything spin up?

Dec 14, 2018
No.
Does everything spin up?

Yes, everything spins up like it should.
I also do not get any beeps, but I do not have a case speaker.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Double check all connections,look at the manual. Try without the Optane and the dedicated gpu using the motheboards video output. Maybe even post some (hopefully) detailed pictures,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Dec 14, 2018
Double check all connections,look at the manual. Try without the Optane and the dedicated gpu using the motheboards video output. Maybe even post some (hopefully) detailed pictures,

I can't seem to get pics to be able to post...
I just tore it down again and tried rebooting with less pieces.... 1 Ram stick in various places, no GPU, etc. I also reset the CPU and cooler.... still nothing.... NO beeps, no video. Full boot up appearance, all fans and LED's come on, and I can feel the HDD's turning.
Not sure still....I may take it to a local shop and see what they think.