[SOLVED] Upgraded motherboard, slower Ethernet?

Dec 22, 2018
Hey, so I upgraded my PC. I went from an ATX build to a Mini-ITX build. I have stuck with MSI for motherboards as my last one was great. However, in this system my ethernet seems to be a lot worse? I can't see any software reasons for this and have installed the latest drivers. Could it be something to do with the new motherboard? My previous one is X370 Krait and the new one is a b450i. Any ideas or solutions are appreciated!!

Solution
Just to let anyone who's looking at this know, I solved the problem and it was something incredibly stupid. When I put the motherboard in, it caught a piece of the I/O shield which was stopping my Ethernet cable from pushing in all of the way. I bent this back to where it should be, screwed the mobo back in and BOOM back to normal. Feeling pretty silly over here but I have good internet again so i'll take it!!
Dec 22, 2018

Yeah the motherboard itself is a downgrade but I really wanted an ITX build. Im going to be upgrading to the ITX Asus motherboards in the near future as those are X470. I just didn't really think the Ethernet port would make TOO much a difference. The system as a whole was an upgrade as I increased my ram, new gpu and also went from the stock AMD cooler to an aio. It was not a clean install, maybe I should give that a try then come back?

Dec 22, 2018
Just to let anyone who's looking at this know, I solved the problem and it was something incredibly stupid. When I put the motherboard in, it caught a piece of the I/O shield which was stopping my Ethernet cable from pushing in all of the way. I bent this back to where it should be, screwed the mobo back in and BOOM back to normal. Feeling pretty silly over here but I have good internet again so i'll take it!!

Solution