Question Upgraded my CPU, now there is no audio?

GamingTiger999

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
I upgraded my Ryzen 3 2200G to a Ryzen 5 3600 and now I have no audio options. The only audio options I have in Playback Devices are AMD HDMI options that weren't there previously and my monitor which I don't want to use for sound. I've checked that my headphones and speakers work by plugging them into my phone. Plugging the speakers or headphones into front or rear audio jack does nothing to help as the built in windows driver says that the device is not connected. I've scoured the internet for hours and tried to find solutions to no avail. I've tried downloading the realtek drivers for my motherboard, making sure Onboard Audio is enabled in the BIOS, made sure services are working. Please help me.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
XFX RX 580 8GB
16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz
ASRock AB350 Pro4 ATX mobo with BIOS version P5.80
EVGA GQ 650 watt gold PSU.

My speakers are from logitech but I'm having trouble trying to find my model. My headphones are Turtle Beach x12.

Before I upgraded my CPU, I installed the AMD drivers the Asrock website told me to install prior to installing the CPU. This is the only thing I think maybe I haven't tried to see if it is the problem? I don't understand how that could eliminate my speakers from the list of Payback Devices and from Device Manager

GamingTiger999

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Click the Windows 10 Start icon, then the search icon, type in sound, press enter, Choose your Output Device.
I have tried that numerous times, you did not read my post. I said there are no output options other than HDMI, which i can't use as my monitor doesn't have sound. Please reread my post. I have scoured the internet for answers, one of which you gave me.

GamingTiger999

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Sounds like a driver issue. I would uninstall the realtek software then reinstall it and see if that helps, linked it below. Make sure you are connected to the internet when you do, it says it will automatically install the audio control panel from windows when you start the driver install.

If that doesn't work I would do a clean reinstall of windows.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350 Pro4/#Download

I tried that again and it didn't work. I have so many games and everything installed, I have slow internet and redownloading them all because of installing windows is a very very last option. Would uninstalling AMD drivers that I installed before upgrading my CPU maybe fix my problem? Or perhaps I need a 3.5 mm to HDMI adapter for sound now?

GamingTiger999

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Sounds like a driver issue. I would uninstall the realtek software then reinstall it and see if that helps, linked it below. Make sure you are connected to the internet when you do, it says it will automatically install the audio control panel from windows when you start the driver install.

If that doesn't work I would do a clean reinstall of windows.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350 Pro4/#Download
Reinstalled windows, didnt do anything

TRENDING THREADS