Question Upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and am now getting worse performance in game than before.

Jul 3, 2022
Hi All,
As the title suggests, I upgraded my system and am now getting worse FPS in game than previously.
Specifically, I upgraded to an MSI MPG Z690 Carbon Wifi mobo, I7 12700k cpu, and corsair vengeance 32gb DDR5 5200mhz (my previous ram was 32gb DDR4 3200mhz).
What's weird is load times are SIGNIFICANTLY faster across the board in all games and uses, but my in game fps is significantly worse than before. It feels as though the cpu isn't being utilized properly, even in Escape from Tarkov (a very cpu intensive game) the cpu hardly goes over 30% utilization.
Things I have tried so far:
I've updated drivers for all the new hardware (all msi bios, driver and firmware updates, intel updates, and windows updates).
Ram is in dual channel mode (slots A2 and B2)
Bios settings have XMP profile enabled, and the cpu is showing correct mhz.
graphics card is slotted in the slot closest to the CPU, and my display port is plugged into the gpu.
Task manager shows the CPU is being lightly utilized, my RTX 2070 is being used the same as my previous would (between 30-50% depending on the game), and oddly task manager shows the integrated graphics card on the list, but it is always at 0% utilization. When i go into device manager and disable the integrated graphics card I get even worse fps.
It just feels like im not getting the in-game performance I should be.
One thing I'm curious about, the Z690 mobo features 4 additional pin connectors, for a total of 8, for the cpu at the top of the mobo, where my old mobo only had 4 pin connectors. I went ahead and added an extra cpu cable to the psu (in the 4+4 spot) and plugged both into the power connectors. I'm wondering if this is playing a part in my slower performance, perhaps my psu doesn't support that.
Anyhow, I've been going crazy for two days trying to figure out whats going on, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 3, 2022
I have not done a clean install of windows 11, im actually workin on that right now. I originally had the MSI MPG Z390 Pro Carbon, upgraded to the Z690 Carbon Wireless