upgraded my pc and it slowed down

yuval153

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
hello !
so i upgraded yesterday my pc,
i went from i7 3820 + p9x79LE + 16gb corsair 2133mhz
to a i7 6850k + ROG STRIX X99 + 16gb corsair ddr4 3000mhz.

after i installed my HDD + SSD, (didnt install windows, just activated it)
the pc takes allot of time to boot up.
he got stucked for like 3-4m on the "Republic Of Gamers" screen,
and then again on the windows 10 logo screen.
more too that, the pc slowed down on everything,
google chrome runs very slowly and takes allot of time to start it,
even games are slower..

i updated every driver i could, and the pc should run smoothly, but it isnt.

anyone has an idea why? and how to fix it?

Solution
you have two sets of mb drivers running. if your ssd is the boot drive and there no personal files on it. download from another pc windows media creation tool. make a new windows boot usb stick. power down your pc unplug the hard drive but leave the ssd alone. boot back into the bios. make sure on the ram you have xmp profile turned on. and hard drives set achi mode for sata ports. set the boot order to usb first and reboot. with windows usb boot into advance mode and wipe the ssd clean. then install clean copy of windows 10. reboot and install all drivers. if windows is running fine and booting fine. plug the old hard drive back in. if there issues...check to see if the mb has the newest bios files.
you have two sets of mb drivers running. if your ssd is the boot drive and there no personal files on it. download from another pc windows media creation tool. make a new windows boot usb stick. power down your pc unplug the hard drive but leave the ssd alone. boot back into the bios. make sure on the ram you have xmp profile turned on. and hard drives set achi mode for sata ports. set the boot order to usb first and reboot. with windows usb boot into advance mode and wipe the ssd clean. then install clean copy of windows 10. reboot and install all drivers. if windows is running fine and booting fine. plug the old hard drive back in. if there issues...check to see if the mb has the newest bios files.

Solution
When you reinstall Windows, only have the SSD connected (assuming that is where you want Windows to reside). After the installation is complete, shut down the computer and you can connect the HDD. This method will prevent boot files from getting written to the HDD, which will result in not being able to boot into Windows if the HDD is ever formatted, fails, or is removed from the computer.

Edit: Also note that when you reinstall Windows onto the SSD, all of the data, files, programs on the SSD will be erased, so before doing the installation, copy any files you want to keep over to your HDD or an external drive. Programs and all drivers will have to be reinstalled.