[SOLVED] Upgraded my setup but all games are lagging and the bench result says my GPU's state is "poor"

Aug 30, 2021
I upgraded my PC except the GPU, I have
GIGABYTE GTX 1050 ti 4GB OC
i3 10100F
H510M S2H rev 1
2 x Geil EVO Potenza 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
PSU: MWE 650 White
And I'm getting very low FPS, even in light games, so I ran a bench on my system and here's the result:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45887891
as you can see it says that my GPU's state is "poor"
Why is that? how can I fix this terrible lag with this new setup? what's wrong with the GPU, I installed all the drivers for my motherboard
and tried reinstalling my gpu's driver multiple times, but didn't fix anything, please help, it's so bad

Last edited:
Solution
Hey there,

You might look at your power profiles. Change it to high performance and test again.

If you don't have the 'high' power plan in your list, simply open powershell, and paste the following into it and press enter: powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

Then select the power plan, and test again.
Hey there,

You might look at your power profiles. Change it to high performance and test again.

If you don't have the 'high' power plan in your list, simply open powershell, and paste the following into it and press enter: powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

Solution
Aug 30, 2021
Hey there,

Hi
I set it to high performance, but nothing changed, same fps, same lag

Aug 30, 2021
Hey there,

another thing is that my Ram speed is at 2666 in task manager ( which is what I set manually in bios) but in CPU-Z, while running a game, the DRAM Frequency is at 1330 Mhz, is this the same as the RAM speed? I mean this one
z8MRkoT.jpg

another thing is that my Ram speed is at 2666 in task manager ( which is what I set manually in bios) but in CPU-Z, while running a game, the DRAM Frequency is at 1330 Mhz, is this the same as the RAM speed? I mean this one
z8MRkoT.jpg
The DDR rating is the same as frequency times 2. They're effectively the same thing.

Download, install, and run HWiNFO while running something. In the GPU section, it should show you the reason why performance was being limited.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

DSzymborski

Titan
z8MRkoT.jpg

No, nothing unusual there. DDR stands for double data rate.

Did you do a full, fresh install of Windows after upgrading?

Aug 30, 2021
The DDR rating is the same as frequency times 2. They're effectively the same thing.

Download, install, and run HWiNFO while running something. In the GPU section, it should show you the reason why performance was being limited.
Here's the result, I don't know what these stats mean, is everything normal? I'm not running a heavy game though, it's stronghold warlords game
X9Blhqm.png

Aug 30, 2021
No, nothing unusual there. DDR stands for double data rate.

Did you do a full, fresh install of Windows after upgrading?
Yes, I've changed my windows 2 times, every time formatting my SSD, didn't fix it, but I might reinstall it one more time, though I don't think it'll solve the issue

Based on what HWiNFO is reporting, I can't see anything wrong. Given the GPU core was in the upper 90%, that means it's working as hard as it can. You can try other games of similar graphical quality and see if the GPU core is still hitting in the upper 90%. The performance limiter should either be reliable voltage or power limit.

Given this, the only thing I can say about your Userbenchmark post is take it with a huge grain of salt. Remember: Userbenchmark's data base is based off of people submitting their scores. Some people tend to make a game out of this, trying to see the highest scores they can attain. This is on top of possibly your video card did not receive the same factory performance tuning as other models. As such, you're probably competing not only with better versions of your video card, but people who have tweaked it further to eke out more performance.

Userbenchmark is only useful to figure out what the weakest link is in your system if you're not satisfied with the performance it's getting. It's not useful for trying to diagnose issues because often times there are no issues.

Aug 30, 2021
Based on what HWiNFO is reporting, I can't see anything wrong. Given the GPU core was in the upper 90%, that means it's working as hard as it can. You can try other games of similar graphical quality and see if the GPU core is still hitting in the upper 90%. The performance limiter should either be reliable voltage or power limit.

Given this, the only thing I can say about your Userbenchmark post is take it with a huge grain of salt. Remember: Userbenchmark's data base is based off of people submitting their scores. Some people tend to make a game out of this, trying to see the highest scores they can attain. This is on top of possibly your video card did not receive the same factory performance tuning as other models. As such, you're probably competing not only with better versions of your video card, but people who have tweaked it further to eke out more performance.

Userbenchmark is only useful to figure out what the weakest link is in your system if you're not satisfied with the performance it's getting. It's not useful for trying to diagnose issues because often times there are no issues.
I ran Battlefield V, and the GPU usage is above 90%, although sometimes it goes below that, like 85% or something, but why is it so laggy? running on lowest settings with 1360x768 resolution should not give me 40~50 FPS, and this fps is not even stable, there's always a hard lag and stutter going on, this is getting so annoying, I can't even test my new setup to see the improvements compared to my previous setup, it's now worse than before, everything seems to be fine but it's not working fine, makes sense

Aug 30, 2021
Have you got game mode on in Windows? Try it off/on, and see if that helps.

Also worth a try is to look for these Windows updates in your system: KB5001330 and KB5001337 . They have both been linked to poor FPS. Is you OS fully up to date?
I've tried game mode on and off, no difference
The windows has the latest updates
9D36uwg.png

Aug 30, 2021
I upgraded my PC except the GPU, I have
GIGABYTE GTX 1050 ti 4GB OC
i3 10100F
H510M S2H rev 1
2 x Geil EVO Potenza 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
PSU: MWE 650 White
And I'm getting very low FPS, even in light games, so I ran a bench on my system and here's the result:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45887891
as you can see it says that my GPU's state is "poor"
Why is that? how can I fix this terrible lag with this new setup? what's wrong with the GPU, I installed all the drivers for my motherboard
and tried reinstalling my gpu's driver multiple times, but didn't fix anything, please help, it's so bad
I took my PC to multiple service counters but none of them knew what's the problem, I'm really upset with this problem, just please somebody help, someone should know how to fix this, I'm so tired of searching and trying and installing uninstalling stuff, it's been 2 weeks now, it's so bad