[SOLVED] Upgraded my system, now I can't watch videos or play certain games.

Dec 13, 2020
So... I'm at a loss here.

Recently I updated my computer with brand new parts, got a new mobo with a new CPU and ram to match.
All was good until I tried booting up Apex Legends on steam, my computer restarted immediately with no warning or error code, instant black screen right into windows start.
I took it as an Apex related issue and went on with my life until I tried to watch a video on Crunchyroll, and the same thing happened, instant black screen right into windows start.
So far I have avoided those two and everything has been fine until today when I got a random restart out of nowhere, naturally, this is starting to worry me.
I have done everything in my mind to troubleshoot this issue and so far I have discarded temp issues, hardware issues (tried with another GPU, CPU, PSU and the same results happened), and driver issues (rolled back drivers, updated bios, updated drivers), also I checked event viewer and reliability history with no avail as I get no error or critical messages at the time of the restart.
I really need some help.

My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5600X
Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Mobo: AsRock X570 Steel Legend
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 2x8 GB
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w
Storage :Seagate ST1000DM003 1TBx2 & Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB

Solution
Could you try it on another wall outlet and maybe with 1 stick of ram at a time? Since neither the PSU, GPU and CPU are the problem, it could be a faulty stick or maybe you're getting too much power fluctuation to the PSU to begin with.

PauloHenrique

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
Could you try it on another wall outlet and maybe with 1 stick of ram at a time? Since neither the PSU, GPU and CPU are the problem, it could be a faulty stick or maybe you're getting too much power fluctuation to the PSU to begin with.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS