Question Upgraded new PC hardware and display signal not found on my working monitor(s).

Nov 21, 2022
Hello! I upgraded my GPU, CPU, CPU FAN, and PSU in my current rig. I installed everything and my computer turns on (RAM, CPU FANS, CASE FANS, GPU LIGHT, ETC), but the signal will not display to my monitors and the screen stays black. The monitors are not the problem, all working good and used them a few hours prior as well. My mouse and keyboard also do not light up which is weird.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
CPU FAN: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev .B
PSU: ApexGaming AG-750 80+ Gold Fully modular
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X AM4 REV 1.0
GPU: Zotac gaming RTX 3070 8gb
STORAGE: 2tb Seagate ST2000Dm008-2FR102
120Gb ssd

Parts were working today before installing new parts. I have tried multiple monitors (all working normal anyways), using the old PSU again(650W Seasonic gold certified), using the old gpu again(RTX 2060 Super) and it still doesn't work with the old parts that were just working a few hours prior.

Basically having trouble getting the display to the monitor and mouse/keyboard also don't light up. I was testing on another old gpu earlier and uninstalled a driver on my pc (i think it was a gpu one, an old 680 was plugged in during when this happened). Don't know if that did something but probably not.

Any help would be great! I think I've tried a lot of things other than putting in my old cpu(ryzen 3700x). Didn't want to take apart my new big fan and reapply paste etc, but if I have to i will. Just don't think its that.

Thank you so much!

Nov 21, 2022
What's your BIOS version? Could be that the 5800X isn't supported by your BIOS. Version F30 is needed, where the 3700X worked on version F3.
How can I tell my bios version? I saw a video just now of a guy Flashing a similar gigabyte motherboard with Q-flash plus. I assume that is what I need to do?

Last edited:
Have you had your motherboard long? Judging from your question where you can find your current BIOS version, I'm pretty sure you haven't updated it in the past, which in turn means that it'll need an update to work.

The easiest and safest way to update your BIOS is by going into your BIOS, checking the current version and updating if needed. For that to happen, you'll have to switch back to your 3700X.

There is a way to update your BIOS without even going into your BIOS first, but beware, it's a risky way of updating. Interrupting this update is very likely to break your motherboard. You will also have to remove the 5800X from your motherboard. There's a manual on Gigabyte's website that explains what steps to take, which you can find >>here<< on page 6. If you follow all steps correctly, you should get a picture with the 5800X. Read all steps carefully before starting. They speak of pushing the Q-Flash button, which you can find on the bottom left of your motherboard. Check page 4 of the >>motherboard manual<< if you have trouble finding it.

Nov 21, 2022
Have you had your motherboard long? Judging from your question where you can find your current BIOS version, I'm pretty sure you haven't updated it in the past, which in turn means that it'll need an update to work.

The easiest and safest way to update your BIOS is by going into your BIOS, checking the current version and updating if needed. For that to happen, you'll have to switch back to your 3700X.

There is a way to update your BIOS without even going into your BIOS first, but beware, it's a risky way of updating. Interrupting this update is very likely to break your motherboard. You will also have to remove the 5800X from your motherboard. There's a manual on Gigabyte's website that explains what steps to take, which you can find >>here<< on page 6. If you follow all steps correctly, you should get a picture with the 5800X. Read all steps carefully before starting. They speak of pushing the Q-Flash button, which you can find on the bottom left of your motherboard. Check page 4 of the >>motherboard manual<< if you have trouble finding it.
Thank you. I confired my bios is on F3 so I need to update to the latest stable version F36. Now looking into how to how to update my bios haha never done that.

If you have access to your BIOS, enter it. Q-Flash should also be available from within the BIOS. I'm not sure how Gigabyte does it, but there's a chance there's a simple "Update now" button, which will download and install the update for you.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022
If you have access to your BIOS, enter it. Q-Flash should also be available from within the BIOS. I'm not sure how Gigabyte does it, but there's a chance there's a simple "Update now" button, which will download and install the update for you.
I managed to figure it out with some looking at the manual and google. My computer is now fixed, thanks so much!

Nov 21, 2022
@Spiidey So glad to hear you got it to work! Nicely done. :)
Having a new problem where the computer like shuts off on its own so frequently. Just started doing it a few hours ago. When it does it, the ram lights, GPU light, and cpu fans are all on/active. Just the screen is black like it just tried to shut down. I am then forced to hold the power button to fully turn it off and then press it to turn back on.