Question Upgraded PC and boot time is taking 11 seconds longer.

Jan 22, 2020
Full Specs:
Windows 10 64bit
Ryzen 5 2600
Crucial 8gb ddr4 2400mhz
ASRock B450M Pro4
GTX 1060 6gb
240gb Sandisk ssd

This is a very petty issue but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I upgraded my PC and I went from a 12 second boot time to 23 second boot time starting from pressing the power button, to desktop, from shutdown. My motherboard settings in bios are all stock settings aside from fan speeds. Ultrafast boot is off. Have not reinstalled windows.

After pressing the power button, there is 11 seconds of black screen, 4 seconds of motherboard posting, 3 seconds of window logo,
3 more seconds of black screen, and then I'm in. (Doesn't quite add up to 23 but that's just me miscounting probably)

Upgraded my RAM, Motherboard, CPU from a:

ASRock Z77 Pro4 to a ASRock B450M Pro4 which I believe is the main cause of the extended boot time as my previous motherboard (with a 12 second boot time) never had that problem.

Intel i5 3570k to a Ryzen 5 2600
Ram from 20gb ddr3 to a 8gb ddr4

Extra info: The board just seems buggy in general, I know it's not meant to be overclocked, but overclocking my cpu even a little bit on it can cause my PC to randomly decide it doesn't want to boot and just black screen. Stock settings though, everything runs perfectly. (Aside from the boot time)

Jan 22, 2020
Also, getting into the weeds:
"I went from a 12 second boot time "

That could only happen from a FastBoot. Your old 3570k system did NOT do a full cold boot in 12 seconds.
Doesn't FastBoot not show the post screen, or is that different from UltraFast Boot? I remember my old motherboard has that speed and also posted. Would have to test it again.

And yes, I've seen another person have a similar issue on the same motherboard and some people also recommend reinstalling Windows 10. May try that if there's no other solution. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2020
"12 seconds" from an actual cold boot is much faster than normal.
You have to work at it to see that.

A normal boot time with a SATA SSD and that level system would be 25-30 seconds, maybe a bit more.
Am going to reinstall windows and see how that goes.

Just tested on old motherboard. Shutdown to desktop took ~13 seconds, fast boot is off. Have no idea how it's that fast, but it is.
Can take a video for proof if you want

Last edited: