Upgraded PC, and now it freezes.

Bananastreet

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I bought a motherboard (Asus P9X79-E WS) and I also bought a CPU to match (i7-4820K). I put it together and it booted just fine, but after using it a bit it just randomly froze, so I reboot, and then it started freezing more often, and now it just randomly freezes with no errors what-so-ever. I had one BSOD, that said "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". The other parts include, some DDR3 1333mhz RAM, that I never had a problem with before, A Western Digital blue drive, a EVGA 500 B1, and an EVGA GTX 760.

I ran into the conclusion that the drive is old, and it was giving up the ghost, because it was showing signs of dying for a while, but I tried another drive and it still continued to froze. I was also wondering if it might be not having enough wattage from the power supply to push all the devices, but I thought it would BSOD if that happened, or gave some kind of error.

I'm just looking for advice at what might be the option, and see what I can do to figure out the core of the problem with some suggested debugging or if someone might have some knowledge about a solution to my problem.

Solution
Try re-installing the CPU, make sure you have the thermal paste and heatsink on properly. Test RAM one stick at a time. Check the power connections, make sure motherboard is in the case properly with stand-offs in the right spots.