[SOLVED] Upgraded PC Build + Buying advice

FearUpontheTide

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
Hello! I was hoping I could get some help with a more up-to-date build of my gaming PC, which is finally starting to show its age.

I definitely need some help narrowing down the processor/GPU/motherboard combination and tips on where to look for purchasing, as I've seen some wild price discrepancies when I was researching certain parts.

Thank you in advance!

Budget: $1,000 to $1,500

Needs:
  • Gaming, no VR or 4k but I do want to run more taxing, current gen games on higher detail settings.
  • Some work in Adobe
  • Occasional 3D modeling for 3D printing programs
  • Eventually want to clone my OS to a 500 GB M.2 NVME SSD but leaving it out for price cutting
  • Better use of Discord + multiple other concurrent programs. I'm currently hitting memory cap issues.
Questions:
  1. Any parts that you would swap? Outside of the case I'm not committed to any part currently listed, I just picked parts that worked in my budget. Bundles are definitely welcome, and I've no particular preference to AMD/Intel or AMD/Nvidia.
  2. Any advice on where to find parts for sale? The market has entirely changed since I last delved into it.
  3. Is my old PSU good enough for what I have planned? Anything else from my old build you might carry over (outside of the HDD/SSD)?
Wanted Part List:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($300)
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($379-410)
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($99)
  • Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card ($430) (This is definitely going to change, $450 is just a cap for spending.)
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7 ATX Mid Tower Case ($150)
  • Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (0$, carried over from older build)
Older Build Part List: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...t-time-gaming-pc-build.1993341/#post-13681009

Last edited:
Solution
I see nothing wrong here except the GPU that you already stated u were gonna change it.
For 450$ you can get a 3060Ti and its worth it.