ASUS Maxiumus hero VIII
i5-6600k
corsair h100i v2
evga 1060 6gb
2x8 corsair vengeance
seasonic 620w m12ii evo edition
hyperx savage ssd 256 gb
wd blue hdd 1tb

I wanted a cpu upgrade to 6 cores so I could stream some games and decided to cross the border and go amd, picked up a 2600x, and a gigabyte aorus ga-ax370 gaming k5. Had no promblems with reinstalling windows, pc turned on first try and worked fine. After installing discord, apex, etc restarted to a black screen. Monitors wouldn't get any signal, and pc wouldn't power off. I cut the power tried again. Black screen again. Called my retailer told me to check ram, leave only one stick or change channels and go agane. Realised I installed it in different channels (oops). Fixed my mistake, everything worked. Gamed for a long while with 0 problems, went to sleep, life was good. Tried to turn on today, black screen... changed ram channels and it's on again. Don't really know what's going on, given the fact that it doesn't power off I'm thinking ram but it works perfectly when I remove it and sit it again.

Thanks!

Nov 16, 2018
Things seems moody and strange.LoL :O.
Ok,let's come to possible solutions you may give a try.
  • Swap RAM sticks and try to turn it On.
  • Use On stick at a time and see is it turning on or not.
Black screen are sometimes also be the reason behind the Bad Video Adapter or Possible their driver.
Now what you to do is...any how in case system turns ON since it's acting like a moody must reinstall the Graphics Driver or just uninstall the driver and retsart it and let windows handle it using Integrated GPU .
Since, Above steps was all on systems 's mood dependent another thing u try is remove the Graphics Card and see if it's booting or Not.
Still dosen't turning On Tried all things i said above. Feel free to ask again i will again try to figure out all things together again.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Chuzo

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Things seems moody and strange.LoL :O.
Ok,let's come to possible solutions you may give a try.
  • Swap RAM sticks and try to turn it On.
  • Use On stick at a time and see is it turning on or not.
Black screen are sometimes also be the reason behind the Bad Video Adapter or Possible their driver.
Now what you to do is...any how in case system turns ON since it's acting like a moody must reinstall the Graphics Driver or just uninstall the driver and retsart it and let windows handle it using Integrated GPU .
Since, Above steps was all on systems 's mood dependent another thing u try is remove the Graphics Card and see if it's booting or Not.
Still dosen't turning On Tried all things i said above. Feel free to ask again i will again try to figure out all things together again.
Thanks!
Okay, so first thing, I’ll resit both ram sticks on channels recommended by mobo’s manual. Pc turns on, works perfectly, updating gpu drivers. Turned it off. Switched on to a black screen again, I notice cpu status led is on. Won’t switch off to power button. Cut the juice

Without juice I notice cpu status led and OS system status led is on.

Removed a ram stick, resat the other one. Turns on and works pefectly, detects the 8gb. Switched off. I notice cpu status led is on. Switched on, black screen again, won’t switch off to power button. Cut da juice.

Resat the ram stick, sat the one I had left out, switch on, works perfectly. Switch off. Vga status led is on.

I called my retailer, he told me to take it in so he could look at it, really don’t want to since I won’t have the pc for days and I’m on holidays. Any advice?

UPDATE: So I left it running for a while and when I came back all fans and rgbs where off. I just moved my mouse and it woke up -guess it was asleep- to a black screen again and no power button response. i cut the juice, turned it on and it worked; without resitting any ram stick so I guess that's new. Maybe a battery on the mobo not working right?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018
This is really blowing my mind.
What you said in update is the scene of sleep mode but responce to a black screen is not normal.
Now,Do this--
Reset CMOS First.
Remove the Graphics Card and Use it without Graphics Card see is it happens again or not.
If still without Graphics Card and reset of CMOS things are happening....Replace the CMOS battery and see is everything fixed or not.
If still it's not fixed,check the Windows is updated or not to the latest Version.
After checking this now move to re-installation of Windows.
If it's Windows 10 there might be any bug because many recent updates bring out some serious bugs.
Now, After re-intsallation of Windows 10 don't update it any how use system without internet and see if things happened again or Not.

Reply after doing all above whats happening now.

Chuzo

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Hey, sorry for the 2 month delay lol. So I figured it out. I was running 2 monitors, one with vga and one with display port, before and after the upgrade. Asked a geeky friend of mine and he told me that display port cables transfer power as well as image and that a faulty one might be messing with booting. Replaced it for a hdmi and all problems are gone. I gave him a big ol' hug and we back to gaming. Thanks for your help tho! GGWP

Reactions: ElectrO_90