Question Upgraded pc posts 2 times, then scarcely

Jul 1, 2020
I decided to upgrade my pretty old system with a new mobo, cpu, ram and a m.2 ssd. First post outside the case without only the ssd connected as a drive worked and it booted to bios, second post inside the case booted to windows because i had my old hdd connected now. I wanted to turn of the system to wipe the hdd and install windows from my install media usb new on the ssd. From then on it always turned on, but none of my peripherals got a signal and the vga led was red and on.

Till now i tried reseating the gpu, pulled the gpu out to use the mobo graphics chip to get to the bios, cleared the cmos, pulled out the hdd and the ssd, tried posting tried with either and switched the ram position from 2/4 to 1/3 and back.

Ryzen 3 3300x
Aorus b450 elite with ryzen gen 3 ready
2x8 gb crucial 2400 ram
Thermaltake hamburg 530w psu
Rog strix rx 470 4gb gpu
1tb hdd as my old boot drive
120 gb intenso pci express m.2 ssd
Edit: both ram and cpu were found in the bios the 2 times i got in

By now I'm pretty hopeless that there's something i can fix and i have to return the mobo probably, as i already asked on two orher forums and tried everything suggested there, but maybe someone here has an idea i haven't tried yet

Jul 1, 2020
Keep in mind you have no onboard graphics with a Ryzen 3300x.
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM?
Have you tried booting with the graphics card in the 2nd x16 slot?
But the mobo should have a graphics chip that should at least let me get into the bios, doesn't it? I haven't tried one stick of ram yet and I haven't tried the second pci slot, I'll try that. But as i said, all 16gb of ram showed up in the bios and pulling out the graphics card doesn't change anything except for one time where mouse and keyboard actually lit up, but that was gone with the next restart. Thanks for the reply anyway ^^

But the mobo should have a graphics chip that should at least let me get into the bios, doesn't it? I haven't tried one stick of ram yet and I haven't tried the second pci slot, I'll try that. But as i said, all 16gb of ram showed up in the bios and pulling out the graphics card doesn't change anything except for one time where mouse and keyboard actually lit up, but that was gone with the next restart. Thanks for the reply anyway ^^
The motherboard does not have any graphics chip, even just to get into the BIOS.

Jul 1, 2020
Keep in mind you have no onboard graphics with a Ryzen 3300x.
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM?
Have you tried booting with the graphics card in the 2nd x16 slot?
@rocktalkrock hi, sry to bother you again, but i pulled everything out of the case again and tried what you said and it worked like a charm, put other ram stick back and gpu in the other slot again, booted to bios everytime. Then i connected my old boot hdd to get to windows to see if i can find my ssd as it didn't show up last time i tried installing windows. It got stuck on the aorus logo, i powered down, tried restarting and the problem is back. Can it be that the hdd is the problem even though it worked fine in my last system? And what can i do to find my ssd if i cant use windows to see if its even there?

Jul 1, 2020
I am not clear from your description, have you tried installing Windows with only the new SSD connected, but no other drives?
Are you certain the USB install key is working properly? Did you use the Windows Media Creation Tool?
@rocktalkrock hi, sry for the late reply, i overlooked that someone answered. Just as an update, I bought a new motherboard because i thought mine was faulty, didn't fix the problem. What did ultimately fix it was me testing the ram again only to find out one of the sticks was just gone, when i had that one in it wouldn't boot to bios a single time. So apparently i was stupid enough to check the same stick twice when i first went looking for the problem. Now most things work except for my ethernet port which just stopped working after a restart and I'm still figuring out how to fix it. I must be the worst pc builder of all time lol