[SOLVED] Upgraded PC, trying to decide what to do with old one

Nov 21, 2020
So like the title says, I built a new PC a few weeks ago, and fortunately, everything runs great. But I'm not quite sure how to deal with the old one. I don't have the need or the space for it. It's a prebuilt Asus from 2015 that I added an SSD and a GTX 970. I'm planning to wipe the entire computer and use the SSD as extra storage in the new one, but I'm wondering if it would make more sense to sell the computer and monitor as a package or just part it out. The tower and monitor still work, I just have no use for them. I can't be the only one who has had this scenario, so I thought I'd ask around.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps shoot us a link to your prebuilt Asus system's specs and a link to the GPU you've got inside it? Also, mention the age of the PSU in case you didn't swap it out while the GGTX970 was in there.

I'd ask you to give it a once over, BIOS updates(if needed), make sure it's go all the updates on the OS side and drivers, then perhaps hold it off as a backup system. During this pandemic, with tech support being far or limited, you're going to be best served with a system when your main one is down for the count, giving you some leeway when trying to diagnose the issue.

You could sell it and recover some of the money you spent but a backup system is invaluable during an unpredictable situation.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps shoot us a link to your prebuilt Asus system's specs and a link to the GPU you've got inside it? Also, mention the age of the PSU in case you didn't swap it out while the GGTX970 was in there.

I'd ask you to give it a once over, BIOS updates(if needed), make sure it's go all the updates on the OS side and drivers, then perhaps hold it off as a backup system. During this pandemic, with tech support being far or limited, you're going to be best served with a system when your main one is down for the count, giving you some leeway when trying to diagnose the issue.

You could sell it and recover some of the money you spent but a backup system is invaluable during an unpredictable situation.

Solution