Upgraded Power Supply and Graphics Card now there is no display on my monitor.

Ramzii

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I just recently bought a new graphics card (GeForce GTX 750 Ti) and a power supply (Ultra Professional LSP Series V2 Professional 550) to go along with it. After spending about an hour replacing the parts I plugged it in to the wall and to a monitor and I get no signal. All the fans are running just fine but I get no signal.
There is no beeps being emitted from the computer, Ive tried unplugging it and holding the power button, ive removed the CMOS battery and put it back in, I dont know what else to do??!?!??
Also the power light is flashing, which usually only happens when the computer is on sleep.
I am not very computer savvy so be easy on me :)

Old computer specs
Model - Asus Desktop PC CM6870 Series (Older Model i think 2011/2012)
Ram - 12GB
System Type - 64 bit
Processor - Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
Power Supply - 300W

Computer specs with new PSU and GPU
Model - Asus Desktop PC CM6870 Series (Older Model i think 2011/2012)
Ram - 12GB
System Type - 64 bit
Processor - Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Graphics card - Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Power Supply - 550 Watt

Solution
1) make sure all cables are plugged in, try to resituate your graphics card, and then make sure that your ram is fully pushed in, it's strange but if your ram is not fully installed there will be no display or anything :/
2) if none of this works try installing your old graphics card, leave the new psu, and see if the computer boots(if it does there is something wrong with the new GPU)
3) if the computer does not boot, reinstall the old psu(it's a pain I know) and leave the old graphics card in the slot (if it boots it's the PSU)
4) if after re-installing all old parts it still does not boot then something else is wrong with your computer. but first we must check the first two parts.

note: i'm serious about the ram part, this has cause...

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
1) make sure all cables are plugged in, try to resituate your graphics card, and then make sure that your ram is fully pushed in, it's strange but if your ram is not fully installed there will be no display or anything :/
2) if none of this works try installing your old graphics card, leave the new psu, and see if the computer boots(if it does there is something wrong with the new GPU)
3) if the computer does not boot, reinstall the old psu(it's a pain I know) and leave the old graphics card in the slot (if it boots it's the PSU)
4) if after re-installing all old parts it still does not boot then something else is wrong with your computer. but first we must check the first two parts.

note: i'm serious about the ram part, this has cause much grief in my life :p

Solution