Question Upgraded RAM, motherboard and CPU, noticeably slower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2020
I just the other day upgraded all the components listed and got windows and installed and everything is running correctly, but everything is slow. Boot up, games, just searching on my computer, all way slower. I upgraded from an i5 and 8gb RAM to and i9 and 16gb of RAM and was expecting earth shattering changes, which i did get but not in a good way. Any help would be appreciated. I've checked temps and don't things that's it and would really love to find a solution outside of a complete reinstall of windows or wiping drives.

D

Deleted member 14196

Did you install windows clean when you upgraded the motherboard and all that stuff? Because if you didn’t you’re going to need to

probably need to check if you're using too much pagefile. Windows may have allocated too much ---- reducing available space on your boot drive. you shouldn't have had to reinstall Windows for just a RAM and CPU upgrade, are you using the correct bios version for the new processor?

Dec 2, 2020
probably need to check if you're using too much pagefile. Windows may have allocated too much ---- reducing available space on your boot drive. you shouldn't have had to reinstall Windows for just a RAM and CPU upgrade, are you using the correct bios version for the new processor?
I did upgrade my motherboard with them so i had to reinstall windows. I believe i have the correct bios version but tbh im kinda new to this stuff and dont know how to check

Status
Not open for further replies.